AXE 340.... Very Pleased!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

AXE 340.... Very Pleased!

Post by amythntr »

..... took an afternoon off and ventured out to the range to shoot my new AXE340... took a few shots to sight in at 20 yards. Couple of other adjustments as it was hitting dead nuts out to 50yards.... what Is there not to like... I am definitely sold!

.... I decided to keep the stock Dead Zone on.
....everything else was changed or modified to match my other Excals in the fleet...
.... had some ZS laying around which I cut down to 16”... threw in some 110 g inserts.... already had Blazers on them which I didn’t change out to SK-200’s...lumenoks in the rear...

..... the Charger cocking mechanism is a must!

.....all in all a fine piece of machinery
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bobcattrapper

Re: AXE 340.... Very Pleased!

Post by bobcattrapper »

Yea that charger ext makes all the difference with my axe 340 too :thumbup:
RobD

Post by RobD »

Anthony is right, the Axe is a very capable bow (I had the Kryptek RAID with all SDS stuff on it). Enough speed, enough options, and the DeadZone isn't all that bad, it's very clear and a simple reticle. It does cut your hunt end time a few minutes short as compared to a better scope like the Tact-100.

Yeah, the Charger is almost a must on the Axe 340. Not something I wanted to do with a rope more than a couple of times.
But then my birthday present to myself was to sell the Axe and get another 360TD. The Charger is almost a must on them too.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Glad to hear that Anthony, I like mine a bunch too, forget the price for it, she's a great bow! :thumbup: :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I don't regret buy both of mine one has a tact zone the other a dead zone . You do need the charger ext for it . Was looking for 340 TD but the second axe was priced to good to pass .
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....speed is no longer an obsession... especially as we get older and when you factor in the average shot most people take being inside 40 yards...

.... I am seriously considering selling my 420TD and just keeping my A360 and the AXE340...

....anyone considering taking a plunge on their first Excalibur.... you will not be disappointed at all.... make sure you pick up the charger crank which not only is a must but is an engineering marvel!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

I stopped the speed chase game a few months ago when I said switched from the awesome Matrix 380 and Bulldog 400 bows to the Micros. They are plenty fast enough for 40 yard shots, and the takedown feature made it easier for me to store them.

Getting back to the Axe, it too is a great bow with plenty of speed, as Anthony said. And a single bolt breaks it down to store just like a takedown model. Yes, the other bow models come apart too, I know that.

And as usual, any Excalibur is a good model to own.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I was looking at the 340 td but I have the Axe 340 and paid a ton less for them and I can take it down with a single bolt as I do travel out of state in a small car . The latest Axe I put a tact zone on it .
janesy

Post by janesy »

My AXE has proven itself to be the perfect treestand bow. I'm very impressed.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Since I started hunting with the crossbow I have owned several different crossbows and never really felt like I was impressed with what I had. After I bought Axe #1 I knew I had finally found a crossbow that checked all the boxes for me. I shot it a lot to get used to it and then bought a second one. They are both equipped with the same scope, arrows and broadheads to keep everything simple. I purchased a set of spare limbs and extra strings just in case and I am ready to hunt come archery season.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I am definitely in the Market for an Axe ...Thanks for the review Tony
curious

Post by curious »

Best buy for the buck :thumbup:
Micro Axe 340 Kryptek Raid
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10x40, HHA Tetra XB
Dr Stirrup Bumpers
BEE'S 400 grains with ignitor lighted nocks
Boo force 10 strings
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I am sure most of the axe are gone now it is the mag 340 .
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:45 pm
.....speed is no longer an obsession... especially as we get older and when you factor in the average shot most people take being inside 40 yards...

.... I am seriously considering selling my 420TD and just keeping my A360 and the AXE340...

....anyone considering taking a plunge on their first Excalibur.... you will not be disappointed at all.... make sure you pick up the charger crank which not only is a must but is an engineering marvel!
So Anthony, now you know why I was singing the praises of the AXE 340 back in Aug of last year. Too bad you didn't listen to me then, you would have saved yourself a pile of money and not have the problem of trying to sell your 420TD now.
I won't go as far as saying I told you so, but I will say, live and learn. :P

On that note, having owned more than my share of Excalibur crossbows since 1989, I' was never a "speed freak". In fact I've harvested my largest Whitetail to date with the lowly Exocet 165. My main concern was and still is to have a reliable crossbow that I can handle and shoot comfortably. The only Excalibur (for me) that didn't fit that bill was the Matrix 405 Mega, so it made a quick exit out of my life. Now with getting older I'm starting to find that my Matrix 380 is starting to get a bit harder to cock. Since I have several other Excaliburs I can choose from, I am seriously thinking about selling my Matrix 380. So don't be surprised if you see it on the Trading Post in the near future.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ComfyBear wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:26 pm
amythntr wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:45 pm

So Anthony, now you know why I was singing the praises of the AXE 340 back in Aug of last year. Too bad you didn't listen to me then, you would have saved yourself a pile of money and not have the problem of trying to sell your 420TD now.
I won't go as far as saying I told you so, but I will say, live and learn. :P

On that note, having owned more than my share of Excalibur crossbows since 1989, I' was never a "speed freak". In fact I've harvested my largest Whitetail to date with the lowly Exocet 165. My main concern was and still is to have a reliable crossbow that I can handle and shoot comfortably. The only Excalibur (for me) that didn't fit that bill was the Matrix 405 Mega, so it made a quick exit out of my life. Now with getting older I'm starting to find that my Matrix 380 is starting to get a bit harder to cock. Since I have several other Excaliburs I can choose from, I am seriously thinking about selling my Matrix 380. So don't be surprised if you see it on the Trading Post in the near future.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings