Fawn Sighting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Fawn Sighting

Post by flightattendant100 »

Wife and I have been walking before church the last few weeks. There are several trails around area lakes and I like that much better than walking in theneighborhood, on the street. There is an area close to one of the trails where I almost always see deer. This morning, before we got to where we usually see the deer, I saw something in the bar ditch. As we got closer I could see that it was a doe, so I stopped to watch. Then in the grass just to one side, I saw movement, and a little bitty, tiny spotted fawn showed. I think it is the smallest fawn I have seen. It was smaller than a Brittany spaniel. Thought it so cool to get to see a baby like that!
Hatchet

Re: Fawn Sighting

Post by Hatchet »

We have been going on more walks since the virus shutdown. Have had some great family time and seen some wildlife. My youngest daughter snuck ahead to startle her mother, she was hiding behind a tree and a chipmunk almost ran up her back to get into the tree.
Good times.
Take care,
Hatchet
B-Logger

Re: Fawn Sighting

Post by B-Logger »

For sure we've seen many fawns this year, as always. The best part is that at least 3 have been born right in our yard. The closest one to the house was 10 feet. Yes, we feel blessed. However, this is not something new as we've had several fawns born in our yard through the years.
Keep smiling!
Dennis