Adjustable Height Cheek Rest

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelsquad

Adjustable Height Cheek Rest

Post by wheelsquad »

Just wanting to let others know I came up with this 3D printed cheek rest to use on our own Excals, and decided to make them available to anyone that wants them. Saw a post on this forum from a couple years back but I've taken it a couple steps further. They are an improvement even with the factory scope and rings, and make a huge difference if you use an HHA Optimizer. I won't bore you with a long history or all the tweaks I made to get it to where it is now though. So I'll just put a bunch of pics below of how they look on various stocks and in different colors. Some guys have decided to put camo tape over theirs, or spray plasti-dip on it, blue the hardware, etc. I also have a version for guys that have the combination of a Bulldog and C2 crank, which the regular version doesn't quite fit. Charger EXT will work with the regular version on a BD though.

$25 TYD ConUS, includes 1/4" binding post hardware. Fits as-is on Micro and Bulldog stocks. Exo and Matrix stocks just need 1/4" holes drilled accordingly.

And of you have access to a 3D printer, I'll gladly email you the file so you can print yourself one.

PM me if interested.

adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Dominic

Re: Adjustable Height Cheek Rest

Post by Dominic »

Great work from Tyler!
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
retro

Post by retro »

These cheek rests fit on Excal stocks perfectly, the included screws are a nice match and the plastic is very tough! wheelaquad sent me a black one that I painted with plasti-dip rubberized spray paint. HHA Tetra & Meopta Optika6 ready! Thanks again wheelsquad for your great work!

wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

retro wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:44 pm
These cheek rests fit on Excal stocks perfectly, the included screws are a nice match and the plastic is very tough! wheelaquad sent me a black one that I painted with plasti-dip rubberized spray paint. HHA Tetra & Meopta Optika6 ready! Thanks again wheelsquad for your great work!

Thanks retro, good to see you made it here, free of Vertical Scope ;)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Franken360
shafferm

Post by shafferm »

Wheelsquad,

Those look like an excellent add on for those that do not want to do a DIY modification to get a proper height cheek rest. The cheek rest height even with the factory option cheek piece is sorely lacking in height. If you add on an Optimizer it makes the height even worse. Great to see other members coming up with add ons utilizing 3D printing.
2002 Exomag
Varizone with Burris Sig. Zee Rings
My mods:
Scope cover adapters
Optomechanical rangefinder
Custom built lit nocks
BCY Trophy flemish string
20" XX75 2219 arrows with 4" feathers
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Nice I'm thinking about the new tetra optimizer....might take you up. Looks real cool
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Yeah let me know. I just got 14 more of them today, but quite a few are called for already.

Even without an HHA, it's a major improvement in consistent cheek weld. I hunted with my Vortex without anything for 10 years and never had a "problem". But now when I try to shoot one without one of my cheek rests, I immediately notice how much more difficult it is to get a quick consistent rest without it. It's hard to describe until you've used one. That's why I am making them available to other Excal owners.

With the HHA, dare I say it is a must.

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Franken360
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

longbow joe wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:13 am
Nice I'm thinking about the new tetra optimizer....might take you up. Looks real cool
Is there a difference in the Optimizer Tetra snd the older model Optimizer?
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I'm told it's a tad lower and has better rope clearance (no extension needed)
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

longbow joe wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:04 am
I'm told it's a tad lower and has better rope clearance (no extension needed)
Yeehaw!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I have been back n fourth on getting an hha already have a brand new vintage redfield scope to put on one.
I just purchased a trigger tec and swept trigger from Danny Miller for my vortex project lm gonna order the new tetra after vacation in a few weeks looking forward to trying one the cheekpiece looks like its perfect
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

longbow joe wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:43 am
I have been back n fourth on getting an hha already have a brand new vintage redfield scope to put on one.
I just purchased a trigger tec and swept trigger from Danny Miller for my vortex project lm gonna order the new tetra after vacation in a few weeks looking forward to trying one the cheekpiece looks like its perfect
Wow, he was able to get you a swept forward trigger? I heard just a couple months ago they were practically unobtainable, even Danny didn't have any then.

I have one sitting in a box in my basement though. Removed it so I could put a Micro Featherlite stock on my Vortex for my old man. I'll need the swept forward one again once I get the Vortex back. Love how Excals are like rifles in how they stay in the family.

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Franken360
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Yea got it about 2 months ago.dont forget a regular vortex or ibex will have a stock swept trigger it's just black....probably sturdier anyway ask if anyone has one on the classified section
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

longbow joe wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:15 pm
Yea got it about 2 months ago.dont forget a regular vortex or ibex will have a stock swept trigger it's just black....probably sturdier anyway ask if anyone has one on the classified section
I got your PM but my replies keep getting hung up in my outbox. Shoot me another message with your email address. Thanks!

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Franken360
Coin Man

Post by Coin Man »

Your cheek rest works great on my exomax with a Burris Oracle x. Just the right height if it's all the way up. Thanks for making a great product!!!