Take Down

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flinthead

Take Down

Post by flinthead »

I’m thinking pretty hard about the 340td. For you guys that have the take downs, how do you like them and how often do you have to adjust the riser for the correct fit / tightness?
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
Boo

Re: Take Down

Post by Boo »

I bought the 360 TD and like the feature enough to buy a 400 TD. I had a bit of trouble keeping the riser on tight so after some screwing around I figured out how to keep it tight.
I tightened the bolt less than a quarter turn at a time until lowering the stirrup no longer allowed the fork to lock in. After that, I gave it a tiny bit more. I found that if it required a downward smack on the stirrup for the blue locking piece to engage, it was just right. To release the stirrup, just pull on the blue piece and give the stirrup a smack downwards at the same time. Put a good film of grease where the locking fork engages the bolt.
Do not take the stirrup from the unlocked position and slam it down, you may bend or break the cast piece that the locking pin engages.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Thanks Boo... does it seem to loosen after so many shots or once you tighten it as you described is it good to go?
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
Boo

Post by Boo »

Not since I adjusted it like in my previous post.
I thought the TD bows were just a stupid thing but after using it for a season I think Rob Dykeman was right in his vision for Excaliburs.
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Sweet... thanks buddy!!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Over 300 shots on my 400TD and I've never had to adjust the takedown screw. I didn't buy it for that option, but I'll be using it every hunt. It's certainly makes transportation easier in a case.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

I don't really have a use for a TD feature, but it does work sweet and I wouldn't mind having one either way.
To me it's one of those thing now that you'd use it if you have it, but if you don't use it it really has no negative side . So why not.

Bulldog TD 340-350 ... Just saying Peter . Just saying.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

janesy wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:33 pm
I don't really have a use for a TD feature, but it does work sweet and I wouldn't mind having one either way.
To me it's one of those thing now that you'd use it if you have it, but if you don't use it it really has no negative side . So why not.

Bulldog TD 340-350 ... Just saying Peter . Just saying.
Good way of putting it! :thumbup: