I see a lot has changed since I was last here with MANY new bows being released! So I'm looking to purchase quite a few goodies from the Excalibur shop and so have got some questions for you good folk.
I live in South Africa so it will be one big purchase so want to get everything I need for quite a few years to come.
But before that I saw in another Ibex thread that Boo said the following:
Here is a picture of my Ibex, do I have that problem as I am not sure of what he is talking about?Look at the lower rear corner of the pocket that the riser fits into. If it is a 90 degree corner you'll want to contact Excalibur. If the corner is rounded, then then you're good.
Mine also looks different to the one on the Excalibur website. The one they have there has a indented pattern to it, while mine is just solid metal.
Mine looks like the first one below, is there any major difference between the two or is it just cosmetics?
Couple questions for those so inclined.
1. The Replacement Blades, how many come in a pack? https://storeca.excaliburcrossbow.com/collections/broadheads-field-points/products/replacment-blades
2. There are quite a few strings in the shop now, is it the Excel String that will work on the Ibex? I don't want the Flemish string, just the standard one. https://storeca.excaliburcrossbow.com/collections/strings-accessories/products/excel-string-36
3. Is it better to use Ex-Wax or Wax-Lube on your serving? https://storeca.excaliburcrossbow.com/collections/maintenance/products/ex-wax https://storeca.excaliburcrossbow.com/collections/maintenance/products/ex-lube
4. Will the S5 system work on the Ibex? Does it come with bolts to secure it? https://storeca.excaliburcrossbow.com/collections/silencing/products/s5-system
5. Will the S5 system increase the life of the limbs?
6. Will the Ex-Sling fit the Ibex? https://storeca.excaliburcrossbow.com/collections/travel-storage/products/ex-sling
7. Is it necessary to lube the surface where the serving slides on or will the wax/lube rub off onto the surface?
8. When lubing (WD40) the trigger mechanism do you squirt it in behind the trigger itself or from above?
9. Can you use any wax (candle wax for instance) on your serving or is it best to use something specific like Excalibur's wax?
10. 100 or 150 grain broadheads? The Ibex shoots at 305 fps so would it serve me better to use a lighter and so faster broadhead? The 150 grain are cheaper if you buy the 6-pack, which I would.