matrix 380 back into use

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Karl

matrix 380 back into use

Post by Karl »

Fellas I am only an intermittent crossbow guy and forget some of my previous plans by the time I get it out again. Just wondering if someone can refresh my memory on a few things. Is it still possible to order limb factory seconds for a matrix 380 blackout? I have an old email from 'Dawn' regards this, but never followed through at the time. What limb deflection number do I ask for if I want fast limbs? What are the go-to broadheads these days, any major advances over the last couple of years? Thanks!
Karl

Re: matrix 380 back into use

Post by Karl »

Oh and any recommendations for a good crossbow carry case in this size? At one point I tried a cabelas ice rod fishing bag but found the pieces of the crossbow clunked around in it due to lack of padding.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I think in black you get them at the same price as camo black as there is no camo pattern to screw up. Don't forget to ask for fasteners and spacers.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Karl wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:33 am
Fellas I am only an intermittent crossbow guy and forget some of my previous plans by the time I get it out again. Just wondering if someone can refresh my memory on a few things. Is it still possible to order limb factory seconds for a matrix 380 blackout? I have an old email from 'Dawn' regards this, but never followed through at the time. What limb deflection number do I ask for if I want fast limbs? What are the go-to broadheads these days, any major advances over the last couple of years? Thanks!
Ya you can definately still order limbs, as posted a couple weeks ago, they are $100/pair now.

I wouldn't be worrying about deflection numbers any more. Not that they made a noticable difference before, but the limb construction now is far superior to the old method.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks. Can anyone advise the most economical but reliable shaft on the market these days? Was looking to replace some diablo/boltcutter combos but the price is now jumped to $35 per complete arrow here. Thats unsupportable, especially ground hunting in rainforest where bolt recovery is prolematic. Its like a few shots at game and cost equivalent destroying a new 22lr rifle.
Normous

Post by Normous »

If Black Eagle crossbow arrows can be found in Australia the Excecutioner crossbow arrow at .001 or the less costly .003 which will perform absolutely fine for your application is most popular and suggested.

Let us know what you find available locally.

https://www.blackeaglearrows.com/Executioner-2-Blazer-Fletched-Crossbow-Arrows-p/exec-fletched-2vane.htm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

Build arrows yourself and use Easton shafts.
Some people just like stepping on rakes