Arrow nock question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cibby

Arrow nock question

Post by Cibby »

I bought a Ten Point crossbow 5 years ago also a dozen arrows with Ten Point nock. I took it back same day to many moving parts and bought an Excalibur Grizzly which I still hunt with today. My question is I'd like to cut these down to 18 inches and if weight is good shoot them out of the Griz. Do I need to replace the Ten Point nock. Its not a half moon nock.
amythntr

Re: Arrow nock question

Post by amythntr »

Cibby wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:49 am
I bought a Ten Point crossbow 5 years ago also a dozen arrows with Ten Point nock. I took it back same day to many moving parts and bought an Excalibur Grizzly which I still hunt with today. My question is I'd like to cut these down to 18 inches and if weight is good shoot them out of the Griz. Do I need to replace the Ten Point nock. Its not a half moon nock.
....I think I understand your question....Excalibur recommends and the vast majotity of Excal owners shoot FLAT nocks.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I would replace with flat nock
Normous

Post by Normous »

Yo u can cut them to 18" and if on a budget file the nocks smooth and flat for the Grizz.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Cibby

Post by Cibby »

Thanks guys I will replace the knocks. There Easton Bloodline arrows 10.5 grains per inch. At 22 inches with insert the weight is about 341 grains on my digital scale and at 20 inches I get 312 grains. So if I cut them down to 18 inches they should be ok with insert. The Diablos I shoot are 250 grains and I use the 150 grain Bolt Cutter broad heads .