Bow Pics

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GrassyKnoll

Bow Pics

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Well guys, I've been sort of MIA the last year and a half. Reason being I was back on the other side with a vertical bow trying to regain my shooting ability with the verticle, needless to say it didnt happen and I don't want to invest more time into it trying to just be average at 20 yards, plus it's too time consuming, so here I am again. lol

I sold all of my Excaliburs except for the Matrix 380 Blackout. It is a great shooter but big. So I recently became the owner of a "new to me" Micro raid 335..What an awesome little bow with a 10" powerstroke that I thought would be difficult to cock but is not. I have it setup with a Vortex 3-9x40 V-Brite scope mounted on an HHA Tetra XB and light kit.. Even with the scope and HHA the bow is still light and compact.

Last edited by GrassyKnoll on Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
amythntr

Re: Bow Pics

Post by amythntr »

dup posting
Last edited by amythntr on Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

amythntr wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:51 am
....Ed, nice to have you back from the :twisted: "dark side".....at 62 1/2....the days of verticle bows are far behind me I and do not miss it one bit...

....I do not know how it happens, but everytime I sell down to one Excal...2 or 3 more pop into the picture :eusa-think:

....your images, photographically, are superb also, with a beautiful shallow dept of field...I have a ton of Nikon equipment that I keep telling myself I am going to sell....and then never do...if you continue to post images like those, I might just have to get back into photography as I hope to soon slide into retirement....only 1558 days left! :shock:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

Very nice! Great pics too.

I see you scored one of the early models with the matching cheek piece
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

If you shoot that bow as well as you shoot that camera your not going to have any problems, great bow and pics. Welcome back :thumbup: :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Thank you guys for ther kind words..
I'm going to start zeroing the bow today after work. I'll be using the 16.5" Zombie Slayers with 110 grain brass with a 100 grain ViperTricks, Lumenoks and Blazer vanes...

LOL, Anthony I still have all my Nikon gear as well and just recently added a Z6. I dont think I'll ever sell my camera gear.. The Z6 is smaller than my D810 but I'll never part with it.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger