MICRO SUPPRESSOR OPINIONS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cat power

MICRO SUPPRESSOR OPINIONS

Post by Cat power »

I just sold my Ravin R9 and am now in need of a replacement crossbow for deer hunting this fall. Previous to the R9 I hunted with a Excal ibex bow and liked its simplicity but not it's width.

Looking at the current Excal models available I know that I do not need a TD bow. I don't need or want 400 fps, something in the middle fits my needs just fine.

I would like to be able to rope cock the bow and de-cock it safely after the day. (biggest reason I sold the Ravin was the lack of safety de-cocking bow)

Looking at the current offerings the Micro Suppressor seems to check most of the boxes for me. Does anyone have one that can comment on it. I don't see the actual width measurement listed in the specs, but it says its the most compact bow so I'm assuming its narrow. I hunt a lot out of permanent shadow hunter box blinds.

If there is another bow I should look at please comment.
AJ01

Re: MICRO SUPPRESSOR OPINIONS

Post by AJ01 »

I bought one a few years back. I love mine. It is a little tough on servings. But that is to be expected from a narrow bow. I've had no accuracy issues with mine. I shoot 16.5 BE Executioners that have a 110grain brass insert up front. The farthest shot made with this bow has been 48 yards on a pig.
As long as I do my part, the bow will definitely do it's part!

If you're looking for just a small bow, any of the Micro series will fit the bill. A lot of the guys on here shoot the Axe, and they seem to really like it.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Excalibur bows.
JMHO :mrgreen:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Cat power wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:14 am
I just sold my Ravin R9 and am now in need of a replacement crossbow for deer hunting this fall. Previous to the R9 I hunted with a Excal ibex bow and liked its simplicity but not it's width.

Looking at the current Excal models available I know that I do not need a TD bow. I don't need or want 400 fps, something in the middle fits my needs just fine.

I would like to be able to rope cock the bow and de-cock it safely after the day. (biggest reason I sold the Ravin was the lack of safety de-cocking bow)

Looking at the current offerings the Micro Suppressor seems to check most of the boxes for me. Does anyone have one that can comment on it. I don't see the actual width measurement listed in the specs, but it says its the most compact bow so I'm assuming its narrow. I hunt a lot out of permanent shadow hunter box blinds.

If there is another bow I should look at please comment.
The last model suppressor 355 has been discontinued in a few colours. Most of those are selling dirt cheap these days and are worth every penny. Theytick every box you've mentioned
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

How is this bow to rope cock and de-cock?
janesy

Post by janesy »

Cat power wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:35 am
How is this bow to rope cock and de-cock?
For the average Joe it's manageable. However it is important to note that it is a hunting model and is higher in draw weight than many other models. For longer shooting sessions and people without the upper body strength to manage the higher draw strength this bow is definitely more enjoyable and accurate to shoot with the new charger cranking system
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Look at the AXE in the dealer package. It's 340 FPS with all the gidgets and gadgets you need, and a bit easier on the back. Mine gets 342 FPS, and is not hard on servings. I saved enough to get the new crank, and if you enjoy shooting, it is worth the money by far! The real beauty is that you can let the bow down with this crank, and cock it in the stand, even in a small climber! I have a 355 Micro with add on suppressor features, most from drstirrup, and it is a very fast, and quiet little bow, but I use the new cocking device as well, just need to by the extra set of clips. SE Michigan, perhaps we could meet up in Indiana to shoot. Just saying!

Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Pm sent Dan.
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks Buddy!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:05 am
Look at the AXE in the dealer package. It's 340 FPS with all the gidgets and gadgets you need, and a bit easier on the back. Mine gets 342 FPS, and is not hard on servings. I saved enough to get the new crank, and if you enjoy shooting, it is worth the money by far! The real beauty is that you can let the bow down with this crank, and cock it in the stand, even in a small climber! I have a 355 Micro with add on suppressor features, most from drstirrup, and it is a very fast, and quiet little bow, but I use the new cocking device as well, just need to by the extra set of clips. SE Michigan, perhaps we could meet up in Indiana to shoot. Just saying!

Dan
.....absolutely on the AXE340 (now called the MAG340 due to trademark issues but same bow)....Dave @ Wyverns has about the best price (in the US) out there....great guy and fast delivery....I know own 2 and would only keep these two if they were the ownly 2 I could own....be very careful however...these new Excaliburs are the only thing in the universe that can reproduce on their own :shock:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

The axe in Bulldog configuration would be the perfect all around bow. :thumbup:
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

correct me if I am wrong: Isn't the Axe wider than the micro Suppressor?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Nope, both are Micro series models!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Cat power wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:37 pm
correct me if I am wrong: Isn't the Axe wider than the micro Suppressor?
The AXE/MAG doesn't cock far as back, so it may very well measure in an 1/8th wider... Maybe, but for all intents and purposes it's near identical.

After I put the kids down for the night I'll go cock them back to back and measure.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

Great information

Thank you
janesy

Post by janesy »

Well I'm a surprised to tell you the truth. I would have never guessed. The top pic is my 345 in suppressor config, which would be slightly wider than a 355Suppressor. The bottom pick with black limbs is the axe in factory riser configuration.

For S&G the last pic is my 370 which has a gen1 riser and the same rail length as my 345.

Only difference between the three is the riser angle and draw.

Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme