Excalibur Micro 335"s

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hawkeyemd

Excalibur Micro 335"s

Post by Hawkeyemd »

Would like to know the difference in the Gen. 1 and the Gen. 2 in the Micro 335"s ? Also, which mod. has had the limb breakage problems ? Thanks, Hawkeyemd
RobD

Re: Excalibur Micro 335"s

Post by RobD »

Gen 1 has webbing in the riser holes. The rail is 15.75 inches.
Gen 2 has open holes. The rail is 16.25 inches.
See this post: https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=63808#p625207

Some will say the Gen 1 had a slightly higher risk of limb breakage due to the higher stress flex on the limbs. The Gen 1 was also known to be an over-achiever where the Gen 2 speed was as advertised.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I have a very early Gen 1. Love it. I did have a limb go on me after a few years. When that happened I called Danny and he had me send in the front end which he replaced, so it now has the newer riser. So it's a Gen 2 now. Just FYI that if you buy a Gen 1 and have a problem it will end up as a Gen 2.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:29 pm
I have a very early Gen 1. Love it. I did have a limb go on me after a few years. When that happened I called Danny and he had me send in the front end which he replaced, so it now has the newer riser. So it's a Gen 2 now. Just FYI that if you buy a Gen 1 and have a problem it will end up as a Gen 2.
Not true! I have the original Nightmare that had a limb crack. 1st gen riser. Dawn sent me out a new set of black limbs to replace them. They never even asked about the riser. 👍
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

There was a time, probably around 2016 that a large number of gen1 risers were replaced by gen2 risers for warranty purposes. It's not uncommon at all to hear.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

bigbowman wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:23 pm
nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:29 pm
Not true! I have the original Nightmare that had a limb crack. 1st gen riser. Dawn sent me out a new set of black limbs to replace them. They never even asked about the riser. 👍
I worked it through Danny so maybe it was what he thought best...which is fine by me. My limb cracked when I was in Ontario in a tree stand on a bear hunt. I replaced the limb the next day (always carry a spare set) and shot a bear 2 days later. The beauty of a recurve crossbow right there. But when I got back Danny suggested the riser replacement. And my Gen 1 was one of the first...before the limb cooking issue started. So it lasted a good long while, but eventually went. I think replacing the riser is a good idea. Especially if you typically hunt all day and sit with that bow cocked for many many hours at a time day after day. Our sits were typically 7 - 8 hrs daily on that hunt. Whereas I sit maybe 2-3 max hunting deer at home.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><