Whaaaat!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Whaaaat!

Post by longbow joe »

I was paging thru the new cabelas archery catalog briefly at lunch and saw a ravin crossbow for 3 thousand bucks friggin unbelievable ...then of course the claims of 100 yard ability to pick off a fly or was it a black gnat.
Very sad l say well have a shooting contest with my excalibur in about 10 years ...ohh what you dont have it anymore lol.
This is going the way of the compound bow in the late 90s skyrocketing prices and next year its worth 1/4 of what you paid for it.
Ohh well go stimulate the economy and spend your money it's all good l guess.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Re: Whaaaat!

Post by xcaliber »

Pieces of a broken bow won't kill a deer right Joe! :eusa-deadhorse: I converted a few buddies over the few years I have been using them, and I think we'll see more! I watch the African Hunts, and the 22 kills hunts on YouTube all the time, these bows are serious, easy to maintain, and last forever. Yep, some issues here and there, but you know the saying, sooner or later you're gonna have problems, I choose later! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

My latest Excal wasn't cheap, but that is ridiculous. And to think they recommend replacing the string and cables every two years, or at 400 shots if that comes sooner. Strings and cables are $109.99 US and you'll need to take it (or ship it) to a dealer unless you want to drop $259.99 US for their bow press to service it yourself. They do have a five year warranty. Though it is voided if you shoot anything other than the Ravin arrows. Might was well toss a half dozen of their .001 Match Grade Premium arrows with lighted nocks in your quiver. They'll only set you back $109.99 US for a three pack.

Suddenly my new Excal seems thrifty.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

DuckHunt wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:18 pm
My latest Excal wasn't cheap, but that is ridiculous. And to think they recommend replacing the string and cables every two years, or at 400 shots if that comes sooner. Strings and cables are $109.99 US and you'll need to take it (or ship it) to a dealer unless you want to drop $259.99 US for their bow press to service it yourself. They do have a five year warranty. Though it is voided if you shoot anything other than the Ravin arrows. Might was well toss a half dozen of their .001 Match Grade Premium arrows with lighted nocks in your quiver. They'll only set you back $109.99 US for a three pack.

Suddenly my new Excal seems thrifty.
Ya that's a little spendy.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

My catalog went in the trash. I am disappointed in cabelas right now. The last 3 out of 4 orders have been backordered or cancelled even after the money came out of my cabelas club card. They charge before the item is shipped even they tell you they don't.
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

onebigskittle wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:15 pm
My catalog went in the trash. I am disappointed in cabelas right now. The last 3 out of 4 orders have been backordered or cancelled even after the money came out of my cabelas club card. They charge before the item is shipped even they tell you they don't.
Since the Bass Pro take over, they have went way down hill.
SoldierMan

Post by SoldierMan »

You Canadians and Americans have it so easy :D Down here in South Africa our currency is about 16:1 to the USD and 12:1 to the Canadian Dollar. Life was a bit easier when importing a few years back when our currency was stronger. It's painful these days... but hey you do what you gotta do, and pay what you gotta pay.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

OUCH!!!!! My new to me in brand new codition Micro 335 Raid cost me $575.00.. And will probably last my lifetime with only an occasional reserving or string change that takes 60 seconds.. Not to mention my "VINTAGE MATRIX 380 Blackout", that was bought the first year it came out and is still a tack driver........
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

Trust me when I say Ravin doesn't hold it's value very well either. I just sold my r9 and I'm not thrilled what I ended up getting for it.

The bow just wasn't for me
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Did anyone see or take note of the ad MEET YOUR NEXT RIFLE . ? Does not help the crossbow as archery gear .