Excalibur TrailBlazers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RobD

Re: Excalibur TrailBlazers

Post by RobD »

Hi5 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:48 am
My question may be dumb, but please bear with me. What does gluing open the blades on a mechanical broadhead prove? Other guys have mentioned that before, but I hesitated to announce my ignorance by asking the question.

Arrow flight of a deployed broadhead should not be the same as an undeployed broadhead, wouldn't you think?
Jansey actually meant he would be gluing the blades in the closed position. That way they still fly like they are in a hunting situation, but they don't deploy when they hit his practice target and chew it up. It basically becomes a practice head so that point of impact can be verified without damaging the head or the target.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Thanks. That makes sense.

(I did acknowledge that it might be a dumb question)
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Cant speak for the trail blazer but the almost identical xact flies right with my field points in 5 different bows.
I dont even bother shooting the actual broadhead anymore.
That's the beauty of these things pinpoint accurate and leaves a big hole yet still penetrates great.
The only other obstacle would be the blades opening during flight but dont think its possible with the positive mechanical latch.
You can band if you have any doubt.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
RobD

Post by RobD »

I think I'm going to try the 100gr Trailblazers. With my Zombies, that puts the arrow weight at 400gr. Seems that is the winning weight in the arrow weight thread, and several of the frequent members here have mentioned that as their hunting weight.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

RobD wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:57 am
I think I'm going to try the 100gr Trailblazers. With my Zombies, that puts the arrow weight at 400gr. Seems that is the winning weight in the arrow weight thread, and several of the frequent members here have mentioned that as their hunting weight.
.....I am in agreement Rob....these arra accessories are putting each complete arra cost to the point where you are afraid to shoot it! :think:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

amythntr wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:26 am
RobD wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:57 am
.....I am in agreement Rob....these arra accessories are putting each complete arra cost to the point where you are afraid to shoot it! :think:
That's why you need the $30 Bluetooth nock to find the most expensive part of the arrow...the Bluetooth nock :lol:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
RobD

Post by RobD »

Maybe we should just start hunting land creatures with a fishing bow setup. Then we could just reel in the bolt. And if we needle the animal with a pass-through, we have all that yards of line to follow to the drop point :eusa-dance:
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....just took the Trailblazer 100g plunge!.....Gonna give these a try.....if they are as good as everyone says I am going to have a ton of Spits to get rid of.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

amythntr wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:30 am
....just took the Trailblazer 100g plunge!.....Gonna give these a try.....if they are as good as everyone says I am going to have a ton of Spits to get rid of.
Dang it, you beat me to ordering. I was sighting in my Kryptek Altitude 360TD last night with its new VM string instead of ordering broadheads.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

RobD wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:51 am
amythntr wrote:
Dang it, you beat me to ordering. I was sighting in my Kryptek Altitude 360TD last night with its new VM string instead of ordering broadheads.
....ordered 4 packs....on eBay for 4= 39.99 no shipping....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

amythntr wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:06 am
RobD wrote:
amythntr wrote:
Double dang it, that was the auction I was going to buy from. The seller only had 4 packs too. :(
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

RobD wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:15 am
amythntr wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:06 am
RobD wrote:

Double dang it, that was the auction I was going to buy from. The seller only had 4 packs too. :(
....you snooze, you lose! :eusa-doh: :eusa-dance:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I wonder when the sellers from the People's Republic of Knockoffistan will be selling this product on Ebay? Should be safe for a little while yet, I guess.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Hi5 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:21 pm
I wonder when the sellers from the People's Republic of Knockoffistan will be selling this product on Ebay? Should be safe for a little while yet, I guess.
:eusa-clap: :lol: :clap: :eusa-clap: :lol: :clap:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
curious

Post by curious »

I was at the range this morning at 6.30am very calm no wind testing the Trailblazers. They were shooting 2" left of my fieldpoints and 1" low whereas my Wasps are shooting within .5" of my fieldpoints at 40 yards. I am on the fence right now regarding these broadheads. I thought that they would have been closer to my fieldpoints. I spinned them and they were as good as the wasps for concentricity, considering they have a much smaller diameter than the Wasps I am kind of disappointed. I will give them another workout next week to see if I can get to a happy medium.
Micro Axe 340 Kryptek Raid
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10x40, HHA Tetra XB
Dr Stirrup Bumpers
BEE'S 400 grains with ignitor lighted nocks
Boo force 10 strings