Why we buy Excalibur recurve crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Owl Creek

Re: Why we buy Excalibur recurve crossbows

Post by Owl Creek »

The only thing i can say bad about Excalibur is twice it tore up my bolts.

But thats what i get for not learning my lesson the first time...... Do Not aim at the same spot twice.

First time last year i did not know it was that accurate, robbinhood.

Sunday i thought i pulled the shot, so i shot at the same bullseye. Ruined another one. Scope was off because i dropped it.

Got it lined out and was hitting the bullseye every time on the yellowjacket target from 66 yards.

I love these bows.
Cant wait for Friday to get here.
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

Not one lick of trouble with our Excaliburs (on the 3rd one). My Dad shoot traditional archery so he likes the simple system and knows the importance of having a stringer and a spare string. We have had consistent accuracy and have had over 50 animals fall to bolts from the Ex's. I inherited a wheelly crossbow from my Uncle Richard when he died last month. My Dad and him had a hunting business for a long time and Richard basically hated crossbows. Clients would have all kinds of problems with wheel bows. Someone gave Richard this bow about a year ago. When I got it, it had about 50 bolts through it. The serving was worn and the cables were frayed. My Dad said "Don't cock it", and he bought new strings and cable for $45. It needed a bow press to install which I happen to have. It worked after that but for some reason the bolts would go way off to the left and down with a fixed broadhead no matter which one we tried. I wanted to like it and it had some sentimental value. My Dad said, Richard didn't like crossbows anyway, go get a good reliable one with whatever you get for selling that one. I did. Someone bought it for pretty good money and I added just a little bit to get a Mag 340. I don't cringe when I cock it or load it like the other one that I was waiting to blow apart. The Mag 340 is a little quieter and shoot all the broadheads the same as the field points of the same weight. I'm going to get another string and be good to go. My brother and I are finally not sharing a crossbow, we each have our own.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

artifact wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:51 pm
KISS rule!
Reason I bought an Excalibur crossbow, as well as many others.

YEP
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....my all time favorite BH are the ones that I have chosen to use up in the command module this year....This year as in past I am going with the "Spitfire".....If time permits I will change out and try the new Excalibur Trailblazers....
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings