new bows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob watkins

new bows

Post by bob watkins »

any one predicting whats coming for bows this year ?i would like to see a 380 micro not a take down
georgiaboy

Re: new bows

Post by georgiaboy »

Anything above a 355 in the micro series and you better have a cranking aid. Sighted in my 355 this morning and brought my charger XT but forgot the handle. :eh:
Stout little puppy :D
A micro 380 would be a beast 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

bob watkins wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:47 pm
any one predicting whats coming for bows this year ?i would like to see a 380 micro not a take down
Since they have a 400, it ought to be easy enough for them to do a 380.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:58 pm
bob watkins wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Since they have a 400, it ought to be easy enough for them to do a 380.
Ya let's go 420 just for fun!! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....personally I think they have run the gamut of bow speeds... for some reason I do not see the TD or the internal crank staying in the line-up.... the internal crank because it makes the the bow so much heavier and because Excel has done such a great job with the external crank.... the TD because IMHO it is really not used by many who own it....

..... I am definitely not a marketing person so it’l be interesting to see how wrong I turn out to be :eusa-popcorn:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I would like to see something with a wood stock in the micro model. Maybe rated at 335-350fps range with a way to put a crank on the butt stock.

Another limited edition
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Perfection to me would be a Micro 350 TD Suppressor in Realtree Timber. Full camo rail with the skeletonized stock like on the Max/Axe 340 but equip it with the limbs off of the 400 model and the TACT-100 scope. You'd get the better trigger, but lose the trigger linkage required for the Bullpup stocks. It would be a practically bulletproof setup and unlike the Micro 400, some folks would be able to cock it without requiring a crank. Think of it as the Matrix 350 SE/LE equivalent for Micro line-up though it probably wouldn't be sold at that same price point. As an option, offer it with the TACT-100 scope and crank or without either for those who plan to customize it right out of the box anyway.

If I had three less bows I'd buy one. :lol:
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

amythntr wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:51 pm
.....personally I think they have run the gamut of bow speeds... for some reason I do not see the TD or the internal crank staying in the line-up.... the internal crank because it makes the the bow so much heavier and because Excel has done such a great job with the external crank.... the TD because IMHO it is really not used by many who own it....

..... I am definitely not a marketing person so it’l be interesting to see how wrong I turn out to be :eusa-popcorn:
One would of thought that both the internal crank and the TD models would be popular options. Are you telling me that they are not as popular as first believed they would be? Or is it that you just like don't yours as much as you thought you would?
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....both the IC and the TD on drawing table seem like they make sense. However,

1. I have seen first hand that the IC introduces a weak link to the Excalibur equation; premature wearing and binding up requiring an unexpected trip to the Excalibur hospital...the External Crank has proven to be an engineering marvel that just works and works perfectly, can be easily removed and engaged when needed...weight becomes NO issue.

2. The TD has benefits only to those who have space limitations in their hunting vehicle, traveling and/or possibly need to hide :eusa-shhh: the parts of their CB from their significant other :eusa-naughty: ....there is nothing like unzipping your case and pulling out the CB with its wings attached and ready to begin its mission....
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

DuckHunt wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:24 pm
Perfection to me would be a Micro 350 TD Suppressor in Realtree Timber. Full camo rail with the skeletonized stock like on the Max/Axe 340 but equip it with the limbs off of the 400 model and the TACT-100 scope. You'd get the better trigger, but lose the trigger linkage required for the Bullpup stocks. It would be a practically bulletproof setup and unlike the Micro 400, some folks would be able to cock it without requiring a crank. Think of it as the Matrix 350 SE/LE equivalent for Micro line-up though it probably wouldn't be sold at that same price point. As an option, offer it with the TACT-100 scope and crank or without either for those who plan to customize it right out of the box anyway.

So basically you want a 340TD with a 400Suppressor riser assembly snapped on. I think your be a bit faster than 350 tho.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

janesy wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:06 am
DuckHunt wrote:

So basically you want a 340TD with a 400Suppressor riser assembly snapped on. I think your be a bit faster than 350 tho.
Pretty much, but with a camo rail. Hmmm. Could you put a 400 Suppressor riser assembly on the front of a 340TD rail? And if so, who's done it already? Come on, own up to it. :lol: Boo?

I bet you're right too. You'd probably be well over 350fps and beyond my goal, which is a bow I could still rope cock without chance of a hernia.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

janesy wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:06 am
DuckHunt wrote:

You'd have to buy one of each and ignore the difference in camp. But then why would one swap front ends if you owned both?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I would like to see a new ALL Black Micro 3" less in width shooting 325fps. That would be a sweet bow! 👍
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

DuckHunt wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:11 pm

Pretty much, but with a camo rail. Hmmm. Could you put a 400 Suppressor riser assembly on the front of a 340TD rail? And if so, who's done it already? Come on, own up to it. :lol: Boo?

I bet you're right too. You'd probably be well over 350fps and beyond my goal, which is a bow I could still rope cock without chance of a hernia.
If I get really bored :wtf: , I'll swap front ends of the 400 and the 360 and chrono the slow bow.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:29 pm
DuckHunt wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:11 pm

If I get really bored :wtf: , I'll swap front ends of the 400 and the 360 and chrono the slow bow.
Bored yet?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme