Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Re: who makes 125 grain expandable

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:56 pm
longbow joe wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:44 pm
The shwacker 125 hybrid killed 3 deer for me last year both sub 70 yard recovery ...l was a tad disappointed in the lack of penetration even the 330 barely passed thru. But they worked so maby I'm being picky. .
I have never used them, but the Kid was infatuated with them until he lost a nice buck, then he switched. I saw him drop deer in their tracks with them too, but not many pass thru shots for whatever reason. I think they take a lot of energy to open, and cover a lot more space when the blades are partially open, but I am not a broadhead engineer. :lol: :lol: I'm more of an abuser. 8)
Killed a lot of deer with Cabelas Lazer Strikes though, and with a 60# Hoyt at 28" DL, so the crossbow will and does make a mess of deer! For the price, they are real hard to beat as Joe said! :thumbup:
I lost a buck 2 seasons ago using a 150gr 3" cut Swhacker....BUT....It was MY FAULT. :oops: :wtf: Buck turned just as I let it go. Hit him square in the front shoulder. There was so much torque it snapped the broadhead off at the insert. :? I found the buck 4 weeks later...on CAMERA... walking with a slight limp, never got another chance at him!!! A couple of seasons have now passed but....He's back!!! I'm looking for him when this season starts, he's been on camera again with his shoulder scar but no limp!!
They are a resilient bunch!!! :wink:

I have since shot several deer and a number of hogs and a couple of "exotics" with both the 150's and the 100's. Both worked fine as long as I didn't pull a Hank Parker and try to shoot thru shoulder bone/plywood with them. :lol:
I have pretty much settled on the green 100's with the 2" cut. You know there are A LOT of Chinese made knock-offs on Swhackers (and other brands) out there. The original 100 grainers are green!! Did I mention they are GREEN!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If I wasn't shooting them, and I have a bunch of them, I think I'd try the SlickTrick RaptorTricks. But as for now...I guess" I'll dance with the one that brung me"!! :lol:
And Dan my friend, I too am an abuser of broadheads!!! :lol: :wave: :wink: :eusa-doh: :lol: Perhaps we need a "support group"!!! :lol: :wink:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!