dbKiller vs RAVS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RobD

dbKiller vs RAVS

Post by RobD »

Had a set of dbKiller for the micro and the factory-installed RAVS on my 360TD Pro. Figured it was time to see how they fared against each other. Nope, not doing sound readings, just seeing what they do to the arrow.

I weighed them, the RAVS are 1.25 oz (548.5gn) and the dBKillers are 0.52oz (227.5gn). First thought was that at more than half the weight, the dbKillers would regain somewhere between 1 to 3 fps back. Note that I'm not looking to speed up the bow, just settling a curiosity I had. Plus it gave me a reason to go outside and shoot a few arrows at the target.

So I threw the Kryptek bow on the chrono with my 400gr Zombie Slayer hunting arrow, with the factory RAVS on the limbs. The Ex-Shots are not on the limb tips, they took an early flight to an unknown location in my yard. :crazy: Reading came out at 331fps. What I expected with Mike's 32-strand string on there.

Took off the RAVS and put on the dbKillers. They are a credit card's long edge distance away from the riser. Guess what - 331fps.

I suppose I should have taken a base speed shot without either set on the limbs. Guess I have a reason to haul out the target bag again. :thumbup:
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
amythntr

Re: dbKiller vs RAVS

Post by amythntr »

.....Rob....aren't the EOM the R.E.D. Suppressors?

.....My non-scientific comparison says the following......the db killers are far supperior from a durability point of view, tough as nails....I do not believe that you would EVER have to replace them; period! I have had a set of the R.E.D. crack at the mold together line....

.....also, where the R.E.D. are designed to be used by maintaining a brace heigh off of the bumper, the db killers are designed for the string to be on the bumper....although I still like to maintain even a very slight brace height off of the dbKillers....

.....Rob, I would be interested in the the sound difference.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

I wasn't talking about REDS vs the dBKiller bumpers, I was talking about the limb silencers. You know, the flappy things that slide onto the limbs and reduce vibration.

I agree the dBKiller bumpers are far superior and tough as nails.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

RobD wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:47 am
I wasn't talking about REDS vs the dBKiller bumpers, I was talking about the limb silencers. You know, the flappy things that slide onto the limbs and reduce vibration.

I agree the dBKiller bumpers are far superior and tough as nails.
.....ahhhh!....I have each on different bows...wouldn't change out one for the other.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

amythntr wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:54 pm
.....ahhhh!....I have each on different bows...wouldn't change out one for the other.
Shave off 0.73 ounces by switching to the dBKiller limb silencers. Not as much savings as removing the Air Brakes, but every little bit counts, right? :thumbup:
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout