Archery deer season is coming soon

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hester0305

Archery deer season is coming soon

Post by Hester0305 »

Good luck to everyone this deer season our archery season in NC comes in this Saturday September 12th. I hope to put one down by the end of the weekend. I have several nice bucks coming in again this year but I normally don't wait on them I will try and fill the freezer with a couple of does if I get the chance. I'll be taking one my grandsons some next week so hopefully we'll have some luck. My wife will be hunting at the house as usual I have 4 bucks coming in pretty regular there, she was pretty lucky last year with an 11pt and 8pt with her crossbow and I'm sure she'll probably out do me again this year.

Good luck everyone
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
xcaliber

Re: Archery deer season is coming soon

Post by xcaliber »

Good luck to your family Eric, hope you all have a great season!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I’ll be out Saturday with my brother hunting. It will be nice to be in the woods again. If I see a deer it will be considered a successful hunt and coming out safely! Good Luck to everyone!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Opens here Oct 01st... :)

I'll be out the first weekend for an afternoon hunt for some soul cleansing tree stand time!!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
grouse

Post by grouse »

Our season opens Tuesday morning (the 15th). Lots of leaves and vegetation everywhere. Sunday, I cleared out some shooting lanes at one of my stands. It was humid and I'm sure I left lots of my scent. Hopefully, the deer will have forgotten about my disturbance before I sneak into my stand Tuesday morning. It is a long season (till Jan. 15) and we seem to have plenty of deer, so I can afford to be patient.

I look forward to reading about the success of everyone in the coming days!
axiom
350 SE
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....The People's Republic of New Jersey early bow season opens up on Saturday.....it looks like the weather (at least for the morning) will be cool enough to keep the 'skeeters abay....I might just give it a whirle!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Our archery deer season opens October 3rd. But our fall turkey season starts with youth day this Saturday. Me and my youngest daughter will be in the woods looking to bag a fall turkey.

Good luck to everyone we cannot to wait to hear some hunting stories.
Hatchet
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:51 am
Good luck to your family Eric, hope you all have a great season!
Thank you Dan good luck to you as well
Stryker Katana 360
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Our season starts October 1st, and I'm very much ready after today. We have 4 ladder stands up on our private land, I have to put together 3 stands for our public land spots, or chain up the climber out there near where we hunt, we can't put stands up until the 15th of September anyway, and we like to see who is where anyway before we put ours up. The excitement level is starting to rise! :eusa-dance:

Be safe folks, don't forget those nasty ticks! :eusa-naughty:
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Hatchet wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:16 pm
Our archery deer season opens October 3rd. But our fall turkey season starts with youth day this Saturday. Me and my youngest daughter will be in the woods looking to bag a fall turkey.

Good luck to everyone we cannot to wait to hear some hunting stories.
Hatchet
Good luck with the fall turkey season I hope ya'll bag one
Stryker Katana 360
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Good luck to those getting out this weekend. Hopefully your luck is better than mine. As I sit here on my 5th hunt, I still haven't seen a deer. This is my 3rd trip with my 340 after two trips with the 400.

It hasn't been all bad. I let my son take my stand opening morning with his rifle and he exorcized some demons from last season. He hunted hard last September and didn't see a deer. This year he dropped one 10 minutes in and the third within 30 minutes.

Unfortunately, that appears to be the only 3 in the area. :lol: My 4 trail cams haven't taken a deer photo in 5 days.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Yep, good luck everyone. 12hrs until I’m in my stand.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Starts here October 3rd. Everything has been "up and running" since the middle of August. I'm going to pull camera pics tomorrow and see what available!!! :lol: :lol:

The forecast for opening weekend is a frigid 73 degrees with "skeeters" as big as house cats!!!! :wtf: :lol: :eusa-doh:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

DuckHunt wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:24 pm
Good luck to those getting out this weekend. Hopefully your luck is better than mine. As I sit here on my 5th hunt, I still haven't seen a deer. This is my 3rd trip with my 340 after two trips with the 400.

It hasn't been all bad. I let my son take my stand opening morning with his rifle and he exorcized some demons from last season. He hunted hard last September and didn't see a deer. This year he dropped one 10 minutes in and the third within 30 minutes.

Unfortunately, that appears to be the only 3 in the area. :lol: My 4 trail cams haven't taken a deer photo in 5 days.
Those days when you don't see a single deer are the hardest! Been there, done that! :eusa-deadhorse: I'll skip the opening weekend if it's too hot, I just cannot sit out there with the skeeters buzzing around me, and fighting the flies when I dress my deer, no more thank you!
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Any day in the blind is a success for me. Just the peace and quiet with time to reflect on my life is enough for me. Nothing better in the world then watching nature come alive every morning! Just as beautiful in the evening as nature settles in for the night. If I see or even better yet harvest a deer, well that is just a bonus! Hot or cold, I'm at peace in my blind. 👍
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme