WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THIS SOONER?.....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THIS SOONER?.....

Post by amythntr »

.....when it comes to arra rolling, I must say, although I enjoy it and get satisfaction in dressing her up the way I like and seeing how she behaves in public....I sometimes find it a chore to do.....especially when my oldest; Anthony, my BIL and me need some rolled at or around the same time....

.....simple solution (probably you arra roller fashion designers might already do this).....I roll a bunch when I am in the mood leaving any cutting, insert selection and nock adornment to when the need arises....this way they are ready to go with the hardest part of the job already done; dress and color selection!

.....I also find rolling at least a dozen makes it go a little quicker since muscle memory and neatness are in it's prime when doing a one dozen quantity all at once!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Re: WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THIS SOONER?.....

Post by xcaliber »

I usually do a dozen at a time as well, but since we have adequate supplies for target shooting I just made us each 4. This way we can verify accuracy with them using a sacrificial broad head to then put in our quiver. I think doing this not for necessity, but for the enjoyment of doing it changes the attitude, and adds to the hunting element of success. I’ll have to get on the yacker with you soon Anthony to share some tips, I’m sure we both have some great ideas! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I used to have an arrow making buisness ,side job in the 80's and 90's back then it was xx75 autumn orange and xx75 camo also the fluted l believe they were called excaliber alluminum shafts l believe they were imported. Back then carbon wasn't popular yet.
It used to be decent money reflecting actually brought in more money than selling new .
Back then it was the "overdraw" fad... lm proud to say l never fell for that lol. But l made many many a set of overdraw arrows. Spent many late nites fletching till wee hours to get orders done.
I'm lazy now factory zombies now if a vane rips off it's a tomato stake ...l would rather work an hour late and buy em. Tired of sniffing the goo. Maby that's what's wrong with me lol
I do lot of reloading instead that is basically a necessity now a days with high prices and ammo shortages
.45s and .357s and 44s.
Maby some day if l live long enough to retire l will start fletching again.
I do still make my own longbow arrows 2216 xx75s with trueflite (still the best) fake barred feathers.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

longbow joe wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:21 pm
I used to have an arrow making buisness ,side job in the 80's and 90's back then it was xx75 autumn orange and xx75 camo also the fluted l believe they were called excaliber alluminum shafts l believe they were imported. Back then carbon wasn't popular yet.
It used to be decent money reflecting actually brought in more money than selling new .
Back then it was the "overdraw" fad... lm proud to say l never fell for that lol. But l made many many a set of overdraw arrows. Spent many late nites fletching till wee hours to get orders done.
I'm lazy now factory zombies now if a vane rips off it's a tomato stake ...l would rather work an hour late and buy em. Tired of sniffing the goo. Maby that's what's wrong with me lol
I do lot of reloading instead that is basically a necessity now a days with high prices and ammo shortages
.45s and .357s and 44s.
I do still make my own longbow arrows 2216 xx75s with trueflite (still the best) fake barred feathers.
..... LBJ.... send me your “ZS tomato stakes” and I’ll give you the money to go buy real tomato stakes...just saying!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

amythntr wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:53 pm
longbow joe wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:21 pm
.45s and .357s and 44s.
..... LBJ.... send me your “ZS tomato stakes” and I’ll give you the money to go buy real tomato stakes...just saying!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

FREEKIN ACCOUNTANTS MAKE A TON OF MONEY WAY MORE THAN LOOSER GLASS GUYS ......who you kiddin..
FORGRDABOUDIT! Yer not getting em.!
You even got the more deluxe 4 runner ! See proof!
Now hes gonna tell me l dont have money because I'm wasteful .... l cant win! Lololl
Sometimes l use the "boil on " fletching now that's easy n dont smell
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.