Micro 335 & quills

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Phillyarcher

Micro 335 & quills

Post by Phillyarcher »

I have a question concerning the quills and my Micro 335.I shoot them using 125 grain broad-head and I have a few with Lumenok. What would my arrow weight be and are they heavy enough to shoot out of my 335. I have been using this set up for awhile now and have taken Deer. Last year my limbs cracked and got a replacement set and they cracked too.i had the warranty work done at Woody’s. Dawn from customer service sent me a new riser and another set of limbs. Should I go to a different arrow with brass inserts and what are good arrows to get.I see some guys talk about Zombies and Executioners. Thanks
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
bigbowman

Re: Micro 335 & quills

Post by bigbowman »

Heavier arrows always helps with string and limb longevity. Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Phillyarcher wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:03 pm
I have a question concerning the quills and my Micro 335.I shoot them using 125 grain broad-head and I have a few with Lumenok. What would my arrow weight be and are they heavy enough to shoot out of my 335. I have been using this set up for awhile now and have taken Deer. Last year my limbs cracked and got a replacement set and they cracked too.i had the warranty work done at Woody’s. Dawn from customer service sent me a new riser and another set of limbs. Should I go to a different arrow with brass inserts and what are good arrows to get.I see some guys talk about Zombies and Executioners. Thanks

These are the approximates.... someone else might chime in w more accurate weights:

1. Quill shaft.... 9 gpi
2. Lumenoks......29 gn
3. Aluminum insert-approx 50g
4. Blazers.... 6gn each
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

1. Zombies @9.2gpi= 147.2,
2. 110 g brass insert,
3. BH 125 gn,
4. Lumenoks 29 gn,
5. Blazers 18g
6. Glue approx 10gn

Comes to around 439gn

These numbers are based on a 16” ZS and are fairly accurate.

This is if you go with the Zombie Slayers
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

Phillyarcher wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:03 pm
375 with factory aluminum nock
395 with luminocks.

Give or take a grain or two.

Pretty normal setup, many if not most people would probably be using something similar compared to the number of people on this site using custom arrows.
400 is the sweet spot, but there is no right or wrong as long as you stay over 350(factory arrow-100grain head)
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

Just weighed a quill yesterday with lumenok n 150gr bolt cutter- 415gr which would put ur setup at 390.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

Thanks everyone for the good advise. I bought my Micro when it first came out and did not have any problems until last year with the limb issues. Since I got the new riser and the new limbs it’s been shooting pretty good.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR