Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Blood trails

Post by Doe Master »

Farmer wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:01 am
I truly like to see my game drop on the spot or after a short run .....But i to also like to track and have become quite good at it .. My last big tracking experience was for a VERY LARGE bear ....My buddy made a bad shot , lots of blood to start then it became very sparse ...Stop for the night begin again early the next morning tracked for another couple hours and lost sign ....Sometimes it was only a broken branch or a print i the moss then a bit of blood and repeat .....And they laugh at me because I use TP to mark the sign by hanging it in branches.
I always use TP to mark a trail . That way if it is a long trailing I don`t have to go back to retrieve my marking . Rain washes it away . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Like most hunters l have lost deer and blood trails...been out all night looked the next day never found em. It's a real sick feeling.
Rather see em drop in sight and go home n celibrate too old for excursions.
I went through hell with swamp buck it was a great shot but he still managed to swim 75 yards out in the tidewater and die then got covered in mud and it's a miracle l found him. ...l would much rather seen him drop
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

longbow joe wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:08 pm
Like most hunters l have lost deer and blood trails...been out all night looked the next day never found em. It's a real sick feeling.
Rather see em drop in sight and go home n celibrate too old for excursions.
I went through hell with swamp buck it was a great shot but he still managed to swim 75 yards out in the tidewater and die then got covered in mud and it's a miracle l found him. ...l would much rather seen him drop

Ditto :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads