What I did to the Micro today....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stab 'em

What I did to the Micro today....

Post by Stab 'em »

After much research on the three choices of trigger assembly, I decided to go ahead and do a trigger job on the Micro's stock trigger housing parts today as a first response to the sear's noticable dragging and weight of pull. I wanted to do this first before dropping a couple hundred bucks on a new ACP two stage unit or on the tried and true Trigger Tech 2.5 single stage. And, if it didn't work out a new trigger would have to be bought anyhow.

The first thing I did was re-polish the string catch prongs better than I had previously done now that it was completely apart. Satisfied with the service there, I went to work polishing the sear faces. Careful not to remove material, but only to polish, they came out looking like mirrored stainless steel. While testing the sear action I discovered that the cocking sides of the two pieces needed attention as well because casting seams and protrusions were causing noticable drag while cocking.

After the trigger job was completed I touched up the polish job I had done previously on the top of the rail and bolt groove with 800 grit wet/dry paper. The top of the rail looks like grass, as do the outside radiused corners and inside edges where the bolt rides, but the edges where the trigger assembly sits down in the barrel needed a slight radius and polishing. There will be no frayed string serving on this X-bow.

After assembly and letting the Loctite set up, I put half a dozen bolts into the bag target to check out the difference in the trigger. It is 100% better than before. The shot takes steady smooth pressure, noticably lighter than before, and "breaks like glass" as they say. No need for a new trigger assembly now, unless I get a new model TD that is!
grouse

Re: What I did to the Micro today....

Post by grouse »

Your skill level far exceeds mine. It appears that it was time well spent (unless you did it instead of hunting or fishing).
axiom
350 SE
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... if I tried to do what you did I think it would “sear”iously trigger a nervous break down ! I have enough trouble removing the scope screws!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:05 pm
.... if I tried to do what you did I think it would “sear”iously trigger a nervous break down ! I have enough trouble removing the scope screws!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:15 pm
amythntr wrote:
..... now that is funny Don.... only you would find something like this! :eusa-dance: :lol: :lol:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

Hope that guy didn't work for Remington!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

janesy wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:28 pm
Hope that guy didn't work for Remington!
Hey Chris ..... at 2021 Boofest (I hope) ask me about my Remington 700 BDL story....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Sounds like you did a great job on the trigger.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

amythntr wrote:
For removing the screws ---righty tighty lefty loosie ----and good word pun Anthony LOL
Stab 'em

Post by Stab 'em »

For whatever reason, re-sighting it in took a bit to accomplish. I've got a Hawke XB30 2-8×36 but it did not go as easy as the YouTube video Wyvern put out last year. But after a couple dozen shots I think it will do. It still needs taken out to past 60 yards to verify the reticle marks beyond, but I keep running out of daylight (when the winds are calm).