New limbs for 330 matrix ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

New limbs for 330 matrix ?

Post by bobcattrapper »

Have no camera currently. But my brother had cracked limb tips on his matrix 330. So Excalibur sent him new limbs and hardware. He just put it together and sent me pics. There is a gap at least a 1/4” where the shim is so it’s not touching. Any idea why ? Only thing I can think of is they sent him the wrong hardware for another bow or does it need more shims? Hope I explained it ok.thanks! Bill
Last edited by bobcattrapper on Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobcattrapper

Re: New limbs for 330 matrix ?

Post by bobcattrapper »

bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Thanks for nothing .This was a simple ? You guys talk about changing limbs all the time but can't answer a simple ? This site has turned into a buddy buddy club. We will figure it out.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Easiest thing to so is call excalibur and ask them. They are there to help.

Sounds like wrong hardware to me.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

This site isn't a buddy, buddy site! Maybe we were busy doing other things. People will help you just don't be so impatient.
Lot's of great people here so stick around! Post a pic of it if you can. I'll compare it to my matrix 355.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:40 am
Easiest thing to so is call excalibur and ask them. They are there to help.

Sounds like wrong hardware to me.
We did do that and was told just they changed the hardware so the gap is normal. Now need new hardware as stuff is stripped taken em off.
janesy

Post by janesy »

bobcattrapper wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:32 am
Thanks for nothing .This was a simple ? You guys talk about changing limbs all the time but can't answer a simple ? This site has turned into a buddy buddy club. We will figure it out.
It's opening day across half the continent, you asked a question that has been answered dozens and dozens of times already at 9:50pm when half the members are waking up at 3:30 in the morning. And then have a hissy fit when nobody has answered you from their tree stand?

Life is hard sometimes. Sheesh.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Pretty sure the extra space on the limit straps is a normal update part dosnt have the tight fit as in the past or the rubber
In reality as with older compound bows the limit straps are not a totally needed item ....just a safety incase a string would break.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:02 pm
bobcattrapper wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:32 am
It's opening day across half the continent, you asked a question that has been answered dozens and dozens of times already at 9:50pm when half the members are waking up at 3:30 in the morning. And then have a hissy fit when nobody has answered you from their tree stand?

Life is hard sometimes. Sheesh.

:)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
TCX

Post by TCX »

I'm not aware of a buddy buddy club.
I did read on a recent thread if you buy a extra set of limbs you become one of the cool kids.:thumbup: :D

There is a lot of knowledge on this forum and I'm sure someone will be able to help you soon. :thumbup:
Matrix 310- XX75 18" 2215
Ibex SMF- XX75 20" 2216
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have been working on getting a seat out our bus. I just read this n My Matrix/BD360 has no space between the limb pocket n over limb strap. Has the rubber spacers in between
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

If I can remember the space should be about 1/8 to 1/16 " from the limb to the strap. There is a wider spacer you got the wrong on call the factory and they will help you . Hope this helps. there is a lot of nice folks on this form and are willing to help so try not to pass judgment so soon give us BUDDIES a chance. :wave:
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

I have a 330 and 360. I can email you photos if you like.
For some reason i cant post pics on here.
Pm me if you want.
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Thanks everybody! It’s fixed . Everything was put on correctly but took off as did not fit like the old hardware. Stripped screws had to be replaced.Excalibur should include with the new hardware they made a change and the gap is normal now.Took em back off and stripped the new screws for nothing.The gap was probably about 1/16 not 1/4”