Charger ext help (won’t retract)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Busadave

Charger ext help (won’t retract)

Post by Busadave »

Hello all. I’m having an issue with the charger ext crank. The spring loaded self retract stopped working. I did industrial maintenance for 25 years and thought about pulling it apart to see what was going on, but didn’t want to void any warranty. Is this something that is common and a easy fix? Or should I just send an email to Dawn to file a warranty claim?
onebigskittle

Re: Charger ext help (won’t retract)

Post by onebigskittle »

Do a warranty claim.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Put it in the cocking position, crank it a small amount, then trip the lever to retract position, see if she comes home. I had mine do that once, or twice when it coiled over itself inside, the string wound over the preceding wind.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

..... one of mine has been rendered useless.... somehow the spring in the pin mechanism was lost when the blue locking pin unscrewed and came apart.... not happy!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Stab 'em

Post by Stab 'em »

It would be best to send it back to Excalibur so the engineer's can take a look at it and make the next model's of cranks better by fixing the issue.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:41 pm
..... one of mine has been rendered useless.... somehow the spring in the pin mechanism was lost when the blue locking pin unscrewed and came apart.... not happy!
Can't the spring be replaced?
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

wheelsquad wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:21 pm
amythntr wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:41 pm
Can't the spring be replaced?
.....ah a very good question.....I tried my best to take off the blue knob on the one "good" Charger that I have....they must have some sought of Loctite which does not make it easy...so I stopped and said, I don't want to have issues with my good one. So I sent Dawn a detailed explanation requesting that she just send me the offending spring and I would take it from there.....well, they want me to set up an RMA and send it back to be repaired.....So I would need to spend $15-20 in postage on top of what it cost to have a spring changed.....makes no sense at all

If anyone feels industrious and can get (or wants to get) it apart and take a picture of the spring I would venture off to Home Depot or Lowes and see if I can pick one up.....
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Ahhh, kinda makes sense what you're describing.

I'm game for trying to get mine apart after hunting season. I can't rope cock my 327 myself so I need to keep my Charger together through Dec 31st.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

wheelsquad wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:05 pm
Ahhh, kinda makes sense what you're describing.

I'm game for trying to get mine apart after hunting season. I can't rope cock my 327 myself so I need to keep my Charger together through Dec 31st.
.....you feel exactly as I do....I don't want to mess around with trying to get the "good" one apart for the sake of finding out what kind of spring is in there.....I am again going to request a couple of springs thru Dawn....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

****FOLLOWUP FROM DAWN AT EXCALIBUR*****

....as a follow up to me advising Dawn that it would be crazy and costly to send back the ChargerExt for a mere spring, Dawn emailed me this morning that she is mailing out the spring to me.....Thanks Dawn! Thanks Excalibur!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings