Arrow length ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lucky-Dog

Arrow length ?

Post by Lucky-Dog »

Im going to order some 18" arrows.
My question is, can they be used with most all other Excalibur bows ?
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
amythntr

Re: Arrow length ?

Post by amythntr »

Lucky-Dog wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:59 pm
.....You lucky-dog....those arra's can be used with most Excalibur's....some choose longer or shorter depending on the bow of choice!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Lucky-Dog

Post by Lucky-Dog »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:05 pm
Lucky-Dog wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:59 pm
.....You lucky-dog....those arra's can be used with most Excalibur's....some choose longer or shorter depending on the bow of choice!
Sounds great. I was looking at Excaliburs website at specs and noticed some bows with different arrow lengths like 16" or something like that, and was curious if it was unsafe to use the 18" or not.
As long as I can use the 18" on any of them, we are good to go. I dont keep up with the latest and greatest, so Im trying to be safe and sure.
Thanks
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
Boo

Post by Boo »

Just make sure that they aren’t short enough to allow your foot to be under the point of broadhead when you decoding. It may get exciting.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Lucky-Dog

Post by Lucky-Dog »

Boo wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:47 pm
Just make sure that they aren’t short enough to allow your foot to be under the point of broadhead when you decoding. It may get exciting.
Ouch ! - Lol
No doubt about that.

So Im thinking I should be pretty safe with 18" on most all the bows.
Thanks
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

when arrow sticks out past the thing you put your foot in to cock the bow it really makes for a bad day
in the deer woods..arrow should be were your foot would kick out so you would say gee i am a real stupid
puck i should of removed arrow before decocking ...every thing about the crossbow is to be taken serious
like a gun :eusa-violin:
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Boo wrote:
Their is only one proper arrow length for a X bow arrow in my opinion and that is the length that takes the broad head to the far edge of the foot stirrup but not past it , the reason is that during decoking if you ever forget to take the bolt off the rail you do not drive it through your foot.
You want the arrow long enough that you can NOT get your foot in the stirrup with the bow loaded to fire other wise if you go to decock and forget to take the bolt off the rail you could drive the arrow through your foot .
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I like the Broadhead about one inch inside the stirrup so I can hang my bow while in the stand. Safety First always!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
grouse

Post by grouse »

gerald strine wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:42 am
Boo wrote:
Their is only one proper arrow length for a X bow arrow in my opinion and that is the length that takes the broad head to the far edge of the foot stirrup but not past it , the reason is that during decoking if you ever forget to take the bolt off the rail you do not drive it through your foot.
You want the arrow long enough that you can NOT get your foot in the stirrup with the bow loaded to fire other wise if you go to decock and forget to take the bolt off the rail you could drive the arrow through your foot .
Under this rule the older wide limbed bows would require arrows longer than the 20" projectiles that are specified with them. I know this is true because I drove a boltcutter attached to a 20" shaft, into my left foot years ago with my Axiom.
axiom
350 SE