You gotta love Illinois

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

You gotta love Illinois

Post by xcaliber »

My friends father got a ticket from Illinois DNR for not having his crossbow either unstrung, or in a case. Here is the messy part, it was in a case unzipped, the two zippers were about 6" apart, and the agent said that is not what the definition of closed case means. $250. dollar fine, second offense, permanent loss of hunting privileges in Illinois! My buddy is not a liar, so I believe this 100%, his father is in his late 60's, no warning?

Be very careful, most Democrat controlled states are BROKE, and you know where they plan to get extra funds right? :eusa-deadhorse:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
otisbrazwell

Re: You gotta love Illinois

Post by otisbrazwell »

WTF.................so this morning i was delivering split firewood (new customer) to the wealthy part over providence RI. i pull
up to the house and black matter , rainbow crap . guy came out looking like a thug..i drove off dumbed the wood here at home..truckers are shutting down 11/29 due to biden and lack of respect in the early part of the ccv.. i let 2 does walk last week its going to change for me as systems out of wack :evil:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:24 pm
WTF.................so this morning i was delivering split firewood (new customer) to the wealthy part over providence RI. i pull
up to the house and black matter , rainbow crap . guy came out looking like a thug..i drove off dumbed the wood here at home..truckers are shutting down 11/29 due to biden and lack of respect in the early part of the ccv.. i let 2 does walk last week its going to change for me as systems out of wack :evil:
I would have done the same thing!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I really hate to judge people but I'd hate to know with everything going on in today's society that I didn't have anything more to do than write a ticket such as that, unfortunately decisions such as this makes us all look bad.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Crappy deal for sure.

Sometimes you get a break. Most times you don't...

When we hunted in Michigan we made sure to behave to avoid those same issues!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Prmtvbowman22

Post by Prmtvbowman22 »

Used to be a warden in Ogle county that was a real prick. Tried every trick in the book to catch us doing wrong never did. The state is so much in debt know they'll do anything for money..
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:08 pm
My friends father got a ticket from Illinois DNR for not having his crossbow either unstrung, or in a case. Here is the messy part, it was in a case unzipped, the two zippers were about 6" apart, and the agent said that is not what the definition of closed case means. $250. dollar fine, second offense, permanent loss of hunting privileges in Illinois! My buddy is not a liar, so I believe this 100%, his father is in his late 60's, no warning?

Be very careful, most Democrat controlled states are BROKE, and you know where they plan to get extra funds right? :eusa-deadhorse:
If your friend hasn't already sent his cheque, maybe there is a way to make a point.

He should consider pleading not guilty. If the standard fine is $250.00, what's to lose by forcing a trial? If it's just a judgement call as to whether that is indeed a closed case, maybe the judge will agree that it was closed "enough". Even if the statute is worded so strictly that the zipper had to be closed tight, a judge may well consider that the charges have a strong odour of poultry excrement and levy a $1.00 fine. That would send a message to the ticket issuer. Some jurisdictions even allow a judge, instead of entering a conviction, to issue a reprimand. That way, there is no "first conviction". (Also, point out to your friend to look up the defense of "de minimus non curat lex". Google is everbody's friend.)
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Gun, Archery and Crossbow case zippers are enforced in Ontario Canada too...Rule is Zip ALL the way shut.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

warden on block island would take his shirt off wear tee shirt and have a local guy ride him around in his pickup. we knew
it he dogged us and we stayed a step ahead..load a taged deer for each of us and get on the next boat off the island..i have mellowed out in my latter years
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

We still have guns in racks in pickup windows here in Tx. But I can’t shoot my bow in my yard because it’s against city ordinance.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:53 pm
We still have guns in racks in pickup windows here in Tx. But I can’t shoot my bow in my yard because it’s against city ordinance.
I would go to court on the zipper too. Maybe someone has some sense.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

As an ex prosecutor, I can say that I would have been afraid to present this case to a judge in my jurisdiction. The courts are said to be sort of busy--drugs and violence and that kind of stuff, you know.

Maybe the theory is that if you can't stop criminals with their drugs and violence, put the fear of the law into the little people over little things.

Laws are supposed to be there to protect the public interest. It seems a bit hard to get my mind around just how a partially unzipped case endangers the public interest. In fact, I'm a bit mystified about just how a FULLY unzipped case endangers the public interest.

Maybe Illinois has had a serious problem with crossbowers marauding around the state with partially unzipped cases. I guess it is a bit of an insult to our sense of neatness, and we wouldn't want our youth to develop bad fashion habits.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:53 pm
That's cause you live in Fort Worth!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
We shoot guns in the back yard where I live!!! :lol:
AAhhhh....the difference 150 miles makes!!!! :mrgreen:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

I moved here to Missouri from Illinois :shifty:
the key word here is (from Illinois )

Dave :eh:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

papabear1 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:14 pm
I moved here to Missouri from Illinois :shifty:
the key word here is (from Illinois )

Dave :eh:
Are you sure they didn't tax you out of Illinois Dave? :lol: :lol: What a State that one is! :eusa-deadhorse: