Cracked limb on Axe update

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

howie

Cracked limb on Axe update

Post by howie »

Since some couldn't play nice and had my other thread deleted, I thought I would at least give an update. Went by the shop to see where we stood on getting the replacement limbs (on my 2 week old Axe for those who may have missed it).
I said I was there to check on the limbs for my Excalibur. He said "Which Excalibur did you have?" I said I thought mine was the only one he had. He said it was last week. Now he has 3 with cracked limbs that was purchased this season. One is a 440. Not sure what the other one was. Just an fyi for enquiring minds.
P.s. I must say that the couple of people I have spoke to at Excalibur customer service have been very nice.
Last edited by howie on Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hillcountry

Re: Cracked limb on Axe update

Post by Hillcountry »

Hmmm...not good.
You have to wonder if Bowtech will continue to have manufacturing problems like this?
I have nothing against Excalibur and had a Micro 355 that never had a problem.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Just pure rumors! Bowtech has changed NOTHING with the in-house manufacturing of Excalibur limbs!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

bigbowman wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:38 pm
Just pure rumors! Bowtech has changed NOTHING with the in-house manufacturing of Excalibur limbs!
You are of course right Brian.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Once your 340 is fixed it should be a great shooter. My matrix 355 has been great.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

I was wondering were that post went, Excalibur is the only bow i want to own i want nothing to do with wheels or cams, had enough of that with compound bows, but i could not visit this site for a year or two and come back and people will still be having limb problems and latch problems and having the serving having to be replaced after less than 100 shots. Just saying, I know I'll get CRUCIFIED for saying this so let the hate begin
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

The limb problems has been addressed and is steadily under control. The limb breakages have slowed down and the new thicker limbs are doing their job well! We will see a bad limb from time to time but the mass breakages should be a thing of the past. Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

The take away from this thread is always have spare limbs on hand. Also knowing how to change your own limbs will prevent you from having a bad day! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

No problems with my new Mag
The Chief

Post by The Chief »

I have been waiting 4 weeks for limbs for my Matrix 380. Has just ruined my hunting season. But hey I’m just one costumer who purchased and own 3 Excalibur crossbows. I bet there won’t be a 4th. Thank god I have back ups. Next out of state trip I take I will be sure to bring a back up. That way I won’t have to sit and play solitaire for 5 days.
howie

Post by howie »

The Chief wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:33 pm
I have been waiting 4 weeks for limbs for my Matrix 380. Has just ruined my hunting season. But hey I’m just one costumer who purchased and own 3 Excalibur crossbows. I bet there won’t be a 4th. Thank god I have back ups. Next out of state trip I take I will be sure to bring a back up. That way I won’t have to sit and play solitaire for 5 days.
Sorry to hear of your troubles.
I have only purchased/owned 1 Excalibur. There will not be a 2nd. Used my brother's Stryker cb and got an 8 pointer while I was waiting on my Excalibur.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Man that sux! I have never had any issues with any Excalibur, knock wood, and I'm not accusing you of miss use. I do however think three things should be mentioned.
1. Excalibur needs to address the issue / issues. Part of that must be a real do's & don't section where their engineers by now should have a very definitive answer as to the number one source. Use, or manufacture, and then which issue inside of that subgroup. Arrow weight, arrow engagement, string wear, brace height, etc. You get the idea.
2. Design the above stated issues, along with "hardware" issues out of the finished product.
Latch issues, loose screws, stripped heads, etc. Raise the price 1.5% to use the best fasteners available, PERIOD!
3. Educate end users better with accessible media. Make it part of the warranty, a check box that you read, and understand the equipment use.

Get this done please!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Normous

Post by Normous »

The Chief wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:33 pm
Thank Covid!
Nothing is fast these days
I wouldn't blame Excalibur.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Hi All,

Sorry for not being on here much lately but this time of year is always crazy busy for us. I just wanted to address some of the speculation here regarding limb issues and delays in getting limbs. 2020 has been like no other year and we have been facing various challenges. For the first time ever we ran out of limbs but it was not because we had massive limb issues it was because of a much greater demand than expected for crossbows this year, and some of our suppliers could not keep up with our demand. Plus, more people than ever pulled their old Excalibur's out of the closet to go hunting this year so we saw a greater demand for parts to keep these old bows going.

None of this is meant to be an excuse just the reality we face like many other businesses during these challenging times. We more than anybody know what it means for our customers to keep hunting We bend over backwards trying to help people out in the field as much as we can, but this year was different due to COVID-19. It turns out making crossbows during a pandemic is not an easy task.

Regarding limb failures, every model we have made since Excalibur Crossbow started in 1983 has had some limb failures however, the failure rate has remained significantly lower than industry averages, based on information available to us. The reality is 38 years of crossbow sales means there are a lot of Excalibur's out there. If everybody who has a limb failure jumps on social media to complain it will certainly look like the sky is falling, but I can assure you its not.

We spend a lot of time on limb production and development and continue to improve processes and design, we are actually one of the only bow companies that produce our own limbs in house.

We can't promise that we will never have another crossbow limb fail however, we can promise we will do our very best to look after getting your crossbow repaired and honor our warranty.

If anybody has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.

Peter
Excalibur Crossbow
StoneFence

Post by StoneFence »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:32 am
Hi All,

Sorry for not being on here much lately but this time of year is always crazy busy for us. I just wanted to address some of the speculation here regarding limb issues and delays in getting limbs. 2020 has been like no other year and we have been facing various challenges. For the first time ever we ran out of limbs but it was not because we had massive limb issues it was because of a much greater demand than expected for crossbows this year, and some of our suppliers could not keep up with our demand. Plus, more people than ever pulled their old Excalibur's out of the closet to go hunting this year so we saw a greater demand for parts to keep these old bows going.

None of this is meant to be an excuse just the reality we face like many other businesses during these challenging times. We more than anybody know what it means for our customers to keep hunting We bend over backwards trying to help people out in the field as much as we can, but this year was different due to COVID-19. It turns out making crossbows during a pandemic is not an easy task.

Regarding limb failures, every model we have made since Excalibur Crossbow started in 1983 has had some limb failures however, the failure rate has remained significantly lower than industry averages, based on information available to us. The reality is 38 years of crossbow sales means there are a lot of Excalibur's out there. If everybody who has a limb failure jumps on social media to complain it will certainly look like the sky is falling, but I can assure you its not.

We spend a lot of time on limb production and development and continue to improve processes and design, we are actually one of the only bow companies that produce our own limbs in house.

We can't promise that we will never have another crossbow limb fail however, we can promise we will do our very best to look after getting your crossbow repaired and honor our warranty.

If anybody has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.

Peter
Excalibur Crossbow
With the amount of money I have tied up in my new bow, I figured $100 for a new spare set of limbs was a drop in the bucket especially if faced with having to sit out the season. I ordered a spare set today directly from Excalibur and if my originals ever fail then Ill worry about having them covered under warranty.... Till then im off to the woods for another day.