Texas Opening Week and Trespassers!! Geez!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ko4nrbs

Re: Texas Opening Week and Trespassers!! Geez!!

Post by ko4nrbs »

Years ago trespassers on my Uncle’s Place got stuck in the Oklahoma red clay. Hiked up to his house and asked if he would pull them out with his tractor. Instead he called the Game Warden(his cousin) and the Sheriff(another cousin). The trespassers has a very bad experience then.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

ko4nrbs wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:10 pm
Years ago trespassers on my Uncle’s Place got stuck in the Oklahoma red clay. Hiked up to his house and asked if he would pull them out with his tractor. Instead he called the Game Warden(his cousin) and the Sheriff(another cousin). The trespassers has a very bad experience then.

In addition they had illegal killed deer in the truck. Alcohol was a factor in their ordeal.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

ko4nrbs wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:12 pm
ko4nrbs wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:10 pm

In addition they had illegal killed deer in the truck. Alcohol was a factor in their ordeal.
Bill
Doesn't alcohol factor into a bunch of the "stupid things" we get involved in as humans!!! :lol: :wink: :lol:

I'm sure glad I don't drink anymore....now...where'd I sit that Macallan???? :mrgreen:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Reminds me of a country tune AJ.

"Cause I gave up smoking, women and drinking last night
It was the worst fifteen minutes of my life"
Take care
Hatchet
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Hey Hatchet....
I grew up in a part of Texas where life IS a country song!!! :wink:
The town I grew up in doesn't even have a blinking light. Much less a red one!! (And STILL ain't got one)!! :eusa-snooty:
And any time 3 or more get together, someone is gonna say "Hold my beer and watch this"!! :lol: :wink: :lol:

Things didn't change much in the years I was gone. High School football is still King!! And "Hunting Season" is still awaited with as much anticipation as Christmas morning!! I still go to "home" games and I graduated 45 years ago. The more things change, the more some things stay the same. Thank GOD for small town USA!!!

For the most part, folks here would give you the shirt of their back if you needed it. If the kid would just have ask, I'm sure someone would have given him permission to hunt. If he was a bow hunter, I would have. Now he'll NEVER get permission from anyone in the area. :eusa-naughty:
My grandma use to say, "Don't cut your nose off to spite your own face". (Gotta love East Texas euphemism's)!!! :mrgreen:

Well, he sure as heck gave his a good slicing!!!

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!