Texas Opening Week and Trespassers!! Geez!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Texas Opening Week and Trespassers!! Geez!!

Post by AJ01 »

Okay...to say that the weather hasn't been kind to deer hunters here in Texas is somewhat of an understatement. Temps have been in the mid-70's to low 80's for highs all week long. I've been running the air conditioning in my truck when I go somewhere!! :lol:

I took a friend to one of my places opening day (11/07/20). We heard one, yes one, rifle shot all morning. Went back that evening, same thing except this time...no shooting at all. :problem:
It usually sounds like the start of WWIII in my neck of the woods. But it's been quiet all season long. This morning when I got up is was a "bone chilling" 50 degrees!! :wtf:
No signs of "rut activity" either. Here's a trail cam pic from the early morning hours of the 12th.

If there was any type of rut going on that little guy would have been headed to the next county!! :lol:

I keep waiting on cold or at least cooler weather. Hopefully it'll hit us before too long.

And now...the way to REALLY make me mad!!!

The NERVE of SOME People!!! :crazy: :eusa-naughty: :eusa-snooty:

This is NOT me, nor ANYONE that I know....
BTW...anyone know what State that license plate might be from????

This individual is driving around on MY Personal Property without my permission. Actually cut my fence to drive onto the property. There is a BIG pipe gate that leads into the my property. It's locked. Only me, my local son-in-law and the oil pumper has access to the property. This guy drove onto the neighbors land, thru an open gate, down to my fence, cut it, then drove in. This is the type of activity that ruins it for every other hunter.
Not too mention the fact that this makes me REALLY angry!!! :evil: :evil: Trust me, I catch you, I will "clean you". The local Sheriff's Department along with the Game Warden have been notified.
This is an issue we all face...
We take the time and energy to "work" a piece of land for "game management" purposes. Only to have "un-invited guest" ruin things!!
I never understood what mindset that you could just drive onto any property you want to and hunt anytime you please!!

Anyway....trespassers and heat waves!! Tell me again whey I hunt Texas???? :lol: :wink: :lol:

The Grumpy Old Redneck (and now you see why) from Deep in the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!!
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flinthead

Re: Texas Opening Week and Trespassers!! Geez!!

Post by flinthead »

it looks like a special issue tag... maybe from a local college.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

It's a Texas Delta Sigma Theta tag... I tried to post a pic for you but it's not letting me for some reason. If you Google Texas DMV specialty tags you'll see it.

I'm a retired South Carolina Trooper and worked on our collision reconstruction team for the last ten years... I've ran down a few felony hit and run drivers over the years.

Hope you catch him!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

People just don't care anymore about laws. If you hunt you must put up with thieves, poachers, tresspassers.
That's just the way it has become.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

That stinks, hope you get them out of there.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Time for a couple tire stop sticks just inside the gate!
Al in Mi

Post by Al in Mi »

elkaholic wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:14 pm
Time for a couple tire stop sticks just inside the gate!
Those work trust me :thumbup:
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

We are having the same problem on the farm where we are hunting. We are the only ones allowed to hunt the property but we caught a group on one of our cameras trudging around the farm during the controlled hunt the other week. They're at the very far end of the property and the land owner is too busy taking off the corn to notice, so we showed him the pictures.
Hopefully he can confront them and kick them off the farm. It bugs me that people just go wherever they like with no thoughts about getting permission. They also had to know there were people hunting on the property as the trail camera that we caught them on is right beside one of our ground blinds.
At least they didn't steal anything.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

That sux :thumbdown: :eusa-naughty:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
gunboy203

Post by gunboy203 »

I hope you catch him and they throw the book at him... People just don't have any respect for others property these days...!!!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

flinthead wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:41 am
It's a Texas Delta Sigma Theta tag... I tried to post a pic for you but it's not letting me for some reason. If you Google Texas DMV specialty tags you'll see it.

I'm a retired South Carolina Trooper and worked on our collision reconstruction team for the last ten years... I've ran down a few felony hit and run drivers over the years.

Hope you catch him!
Good Eye!!!

We blew the pic up and got the tag. Kid in from college (Austin...geez) :thumbdown: . Seems he had snuck on to the property next door (about 1/2 mile away) and staked out a pop up blind without that owners permission either!! My neighbor had locked his gate, so this future leader decided he could just do what he wanted and no one could stop him. So he cut fences to get down an oil company right-of-way. (REAL SMART)!! :wink:

Well...it didn't end well for him, or his parents. Their collective wallets will be a little lighter right before Christmas!!!
Not only will he be paying fines, (actually his folks, he don't work, too entitled) BUT...I know the judge, and they'll be repairing fences too!! :mrgreen:

What's that cliche' about lessons learned the hard way??? :lol: :wink: :lol: :eusa-deadhorse:

Y'all be careful out!!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Glad to see they didn't get away with it. I sometimes wonder what is wrong with people. We were raised to respect people and their property. Sadly there is a generation coming up that didn't all get that lesson. It will be a busy time for LEO's and courts for sure.
Take care
Hatchet
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Cutting fences to access private land.???

Probably spotlighting at night and saw a nice buck or 2.

We have idiots here in Az. Too!

Private drive --1/2 mile in , they steal my trail cameras..

See where they parked at cable accross road and walked in past several keep out no hunting or trespassing signs

My saddle is a place where deer and elk cross regularly.

Not much one can do. Catching anyone is nearly impossible. That's probably why they stole my camera.

Have since put up a few hidden cameras. Looking at each other.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Had a buddy call me the other day. Lives in another small town. Guys went on his property, took his tower stand and feeder. Had them all on camera. They didn't take the camera. :eusa-think:

No one ever said these guys are bright. :lol:

You would think with Cellular Game Cameras crooks would get caught more often!! :eusa-think:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Sure glad they were caught. Maybe they will learn a lesson.