Got me a Vortex Coming

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Re: Got me a Vortex Coming

Post by longbow joe »

Dan that bow needs a boo trigger...or a tt .l put the boo trigger on my Phoenix and a tt on the vortex...both are really good.
Its literally one of the smoothest excaliburs l have shot along with the lighter ibex.
I just don't have much interest in the newer models .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

[url=https://postimg.cc/HrNSMKYZ]Image

:lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Joe, the Vortex is the perfect Excalibur to retire with. Maybe a tad slower, but it'll get the job done. If I get the bow Monday, I might hunt Thursday morning with the Vortex! :thumbup:
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:13 pm
Dan that bow needs a boo trigger...or a tt .l put the boo trigger on my Phoenix and a tt on the vortex...both are really good.
Its literally one of the smoothest excaliburs l have shot along with the lighter ibex.
I just don't have much interest in the newer models .
Me neither! My bow collection is done for the foreseeable future... I think I have the best three ever made. Vixen II, metal rail Ibex, and the Vortex.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

If you put a bolt on it your going to need the newer scope mount for eye relief. ...at least l did
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

longbow joe wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:04 am
If you put a bolt on it your going to need the newer scope mount for eye relief. ...at least l did
Hmmm. Thanks for the information.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

If that's the one I think it is, it's made the rounds recently. When I had it I drilled the stock to fit one of the adjustable height cheek rests, so if you want one of those from flightattendant100 you're already good to go there.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/dZYQtpct]Image
If you use the new adf mount its your choice if you want to "lighten " it .lol.
On the ibex l believe l had to file another notch in the original "pishectinny" mount and it was good but the vortex needed a modern adf .
Seems like there are 2 versions of the old non adf mount one is longer.
Used vortex are like a box 📦 of chocolate dan ...ya never know wich mount yer gonna get.
The bolt is so short its not super adjustable and you got to deal with the void spot on the rail.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well my Vortex turned up, one town over and of course too late this morning for them to get it to my local post office and out today even though it's like 5 days late! That premium price for shipping is a total rip off!!!!! :evil:
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:52 am
Well my Vortex turned up, one town over and of course too late this morning for them to get it to my local post office and out today even though it's like 5 days late! That premium price for shipping is a total rip off!!!!! :evil:
I feel your pain! Canada post is ridiculously slow and will be worse come December with all the online shopping! :(
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

xcaliber wrote:
Dan, I sold a scope a while back. Paid for Priority 2 day delivery....17 days later it arrived to some not so happy buyers. Not sure how I was supposed to fix Post Office but buyers thought so! :shock: :shock:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:15 am
xcaliber wrote:
Dan, I sold a scope a while back. Paid for Priority 2 day delivery....17 days later it arrived to some not so happy buyers. Not sure how I was supposed to fix Post Office but buyers thought so! :shock: :shock:
Incredible how they are so bad. Too lazy to scan a label? Just don’t understand how managers keep their job these days. I had a small group of guys that would come out on the shop floor with shoes untied, and not completely ready to go to work, after the second day I had their union official waiting with me, I informed him of the issue and told him I would count them tardy every day they report that way until they were terminated if I had to. That skidded to a halt right there! :eusa-deadhorse:
It just seems like we don’t hold people accountable anymore. If they can’t deliver in two days, don’t make people pay for the service.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Dan,
USPS is a Gov job for life. You only get terminated for a serious crime if you commit one. You can commit fraud and still keep your job.
The union will protect you. Guys are throwing away mail and still keep their jobs. It wasn't like that back in the day, you would of been terminated.
USPS sucks now! They need to fire every manager from top to bottom and get someone who has a clue how to run a business in there.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Hey Dan!!

I've got your given name and surname and last numbers of your Visa. I'm going to phone you now and I don't want the fact that I have a thick South Asian accent put you off. It appears that someone using your Visa card has just sent $1543.00 to India and I'm merely checking to make sure this was a proper use of your card. You'll just be asked to confirm for me what the remaining numbers are of your Visa account before I can correct things-- assuming of course, that any correction is needed.

Sincerely

Your Concerned Nigerian Prince,
Looking Out For Your Welfare.
:wave: :wave: :wave:
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Funny, and I have received my mail for today and the package is not here! I’m getting ready to go postal! :lol: :lol: