Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hatchet

Re: Got me a Vortex Coming

Post by Hatchet »

I vote we bring back the Pony Express.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

There are three cul de sacs with my address number, and one "court" with my number. I went to all of them to see if they got my package, they had not. This happens all the time since I guess no reading test is required. I get back to the house, and the delivery lady pulls up telling me she forgot a box, it's finally here, and I'm already working on it. I had to order the S5 kit for the posts, the ones on there are not the right ones. I also ordered another rope cocker, this one is not from Excalibur, I will not use it. So I'm now waiting for parts coming next week. Very happy with the purchase, I wanted one that I could my favorite stuff on, and this is it! :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

My first excalibur was a matrix 330 then l bought a micro .
I wanted a vixen to just have fun and shoot it. Then l discovered how smooth and balanced the exo bows were .
All l can say is that they just feel right and you can put the wider part out of your brain.
We all know how smooth the longer compounds of the 80's shot ...they were long also then they started shrinking till you had to use a release fingers wasnt an option.
The crossbow is no different l just love the feel and the smoothest of the vortex just the perfect bow.
In normal hunting situations the 330 fps is just perfect.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

longbow joe wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:28 am
My first excalibur was a matrix 330 then l bought a micro .
I wanted a vixen to just have fun and shoot it. Then l discovered how smooth and balanced the exo bows were .
All l can say is that they just feel right and you can put the wider part out of your brain.
We all know how smooth the longer compounds of the 80's shot ...they were long also then they started shrinking till you had to use a release fingers wasnt an option.
The crossbow is no different l just love the feel and the smoothest of the vortex just the perfect bow.
In normal hunting situations the 330 fps is just perfect.
YEP! And the power VS. cocking effort is worth the extra width in my opinion. My dr.Stirrup quiver and string stops have been here for a few days, my Wife squirreled them away as something she bought. :eusa-think: I smell a rat! :lol: :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have a cheek piece coming, and S5 string stops that will get the dr.Stirrup bumpers, then I'm ready to shoot her. Trigger Tech is in, Nikon P3 is mounted, Flemish String installed. Every fastener is either new, or reset with locktite. I think I might add the Bigfoot Stirrup to top her off. Pics. later this week after the last few parts come in. This is not a custom job, just a few added goodies. :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:51 pm
I have a cheek piece coming, and S5 string stops that will get the dr.Stirrup bumpers, then I'm ready to shoot her. Trigger Tech is in, Nikon P3 is mounted, Flemish String installed. Every fastener is either new, or reset with locktite. I think I might add the Bigfoot Stirrup to top her off. Pics. later this week after the last few parts come in. This is not a custom job, just a few added goodies. :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance:
Why, you are spoiling that child! :lol: :lol: :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Right! :lol: :lol:
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Was expecting a " name my bow" column.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Want to put the Bigfoot Stirrup on, cannot remove the bolts, broke the ends off two ball end allen wrenches, and NADA! I have a hand held Impact Screw Driver coming today with hardened bits for hex head screws, so the last thing to do besides getting the tool was to get the old stirrup out of the way to be able to use the impact driver. More to come folks.

[url=https://postimg.cc/xNNjSqWV]Image
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dan, do you think that if you heated the head of the screw just hot to the touch with a micro torch would harm the mainframe?
When you’re using the allan socket don’t forget to beat it in like it owes you money. :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:20 pm
Dan, do you think that if you heated the head of the screw just hot to the touch with a micro torch would harm the mainframe?
When you’re using the allan socket don’t forget to beat it in like it owes you money. :mrgreen:
Yes I think it would mess of the finish on the riser. These are rusted in place, and steel and aluminum are a recipe for this sort of issue. I'm using the antique model impact driver that you have to whack the end to get any turning force, so it's gonna get a beating alright. :lol: :lol:
I did speak with Don about this fix the other night, and he pushed me over the edge on my decision! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hopefully this works, and I will post a pic. or two of the device later, if it actually arrives today. :eusa-popcorn:
Boo

Post by Boo »

We use impact drivers to remove rusted allens that hold on drums and discs. We always give the fastener a good snack with a BFH before going at it with the impact driver. The advantage of the tool is that is does compress the threads during the moment of being turned. I can’t see how you can not win this fight. :thumbup:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:47 pm
We use impact drivers to remove rusted allens that hold on drums and discs. We always give the fastener a good snack with a BFH before going at it with the impact driver. The advantage of the tool is that is does compress the threads during the moment of being turned. I can’t see how you can not win this fight. :thumbup:
If he doesnt win....he doesnt have a big enough BFH! 8)
Normous

Post by Normous »

Funny ones Paul and Don :thumbup:
Had a good needed laugh after a week of burn-out graveyard shift crap.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:15 pm
Boo wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:47 pm
If he doesnt win....he doesnt have a big enough BFH! 8)
Or he needs a BBFH! :lol: :lol: :lol: