The Longhorn

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hillcountry

Re: The Longhorn

Post by Hillcountry »

XB I GO wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:44 am
The Game Warden called from the meat processor. He said my brother put the wrong license info on the order form. When he figured out he's 14 years old he said "Don't worry about it". We did figure out there are two or three #'s on the license and he just put the wrong one. Game Warden asked where we got it because that processor can only take hunted animals right now, whatever that means. He told the story and the Game Warden said he wasn't aware of anyone missing a longhorn. He said around 13 miles away there were some cattle let loose on the road. A trailer broke down in the middle of summer heat and it was more than an hour to where they could get new tires so they let the cattle loose instead of risking them dying in the trailer. He thinks they only rounded up a few of them when the trailer was finally fixed a whole day later. The timing makes sense, so that's probably where it came from in the first place. The Game Warden said "good shooting and save me some hamburgers". My brother was nervous but I got a laugh out of it.
Glad it all worked out! Congrats again!
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Well there's certainly no ground shrinkage on that one. :lol:

Congrats on a serious freezer filler!
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Nothing wrong with free-range beef!

Cool hunt!
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Great story! Thanks for posting.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Boo

Post by Boo »

That is awesome XB! Smiles and laughs all round for sure! A couple more shots and you could call it a porcupine! :lol: :lol: :lol: You are having quite the time now aren’t you?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
gunboy203

Post by gunboy203 »

That was a great story and congrats to all of you. That will be some great eating!!! Better have a big freezer!!!
ODH

Post by ODH »

Thats a critter I didn't expect to see here! Congrats on a unique hunt.