Limb Bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

flinthead

Limb Bolts

Post by flinthead » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:09 am

I know this has been asked and answered multiple times but I never could find exactly what I'm looking for...

So I'm doing a bit of a restore on my metal rail Ibex,,, the stock has a couple of spots that have been faded due to sun exposure from the previous owners... so I'm going to give the stock and limbs a new finish in old school Mossy Oak Bottomland.

Now on to my question... I don't want to put the DB Bars back on the bow,,, so what size / thread / length limb bolts and limb strap bolts will I need??
Vixen II
Ibex (Metal Rail)
Vortex
Rocket Broadheads

flinthead

Re: Limb Bolts

Post by flinthead » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:20 pm

Ok I think I have answered my own question if someone in the know can confirm...

Limb Bolts:
5/16"-18 x 1.5" (which is the same limb bolts with or without DB Bars)

Limb Strap Bolts:
10-32 x 1" Parallel Socket Head Shoulder Screw, 5/8" Shoulder
Vixen II
Ibex (Metal Rail)
Vortex
Rocket Broadheads

wheelie

Post by wheelie » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:26 pm

I just called Excalibur when I did it and they sent me what I needed. CHEERS!

flinthead

Post by flinthead » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:58 pm

I think that's my best bet Wheelie... I've got a Vari-Zone that has died on me,,, I think I'll call and get that upgraded to a Tact-Zone for my Ibex and get the bolts as well.
Vixen II
Ibex (Metal Rail)
Vortex
Rocket Broadheads

janesy

Post by janesy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:41 pm

flinthead wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:58 pm
I think that's my best bet Wheelie... I've got a Vari-Zone that has died on me,,, I think I'll call and get that upgraded to a Tact-Zone for my Ibex and get the bolts as well.
That's the best advice, Excal has a minimum price for small part purchases now, but even still it's worth it to have factory parts that you know are proved correct.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:03 pm

When l ditched the db bars..all 4 long limbers .. danny miller sent me everything bolts/ plastic washers/ new rubber pads for limit straps and new limb pocket pads ...mise well make everything new while yer in there.
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 nikon bolt /vixen ll / offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/Phoenix/ trigger tec's /xacts/super freak ex's/ spitfires/zombies