If you had to replace your crossbow...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ferguson Outfitters

Re: If you had to replace your crossbow...

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

I can afford any crossbow I want and I’d choose the Matrix, G340, Bulldog, or GRZ2, with Nikon 3x or ACOG

I’d cry if I lost my old Grizzly. I’ve killed more stuff with that thing than most every crossbow combined.

Something about the lower speed Matrix, cocking weight makes it reliable, quieter, faster to recock or restring.
L.C.B.H

Post by L.C.B.H »

I am hoping they put out a micro that is shorter and more compact than what they already have out,maybe shave a half pound and have it shoot 320-340 fps,with some new finish options, and go back to camo on the cheek pieces.

Anybody have an idea of what day they will be releasing the new crossbows in December?
Libtards make me sick, and I don't take orders from a forum rat who needs to go to a safe place. Get used to Conservative Right wing hard working Canadians telling you liberals to F off!!!!! :wave:
Wyoming1

Post by Wyoming1 »

Matrix 330,it has a little longer limb that are more reliable. It has no linkage issues.It is onle 10 fps slower than the axe,mag model.You just have to find one,production stopped in 2014 .
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I've heard they will release the bows january 7th.
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

Since I am considering the purchase of a new Excalibur crossbow, I emailed the company about the 2021 release. This is the response I got -

The 2021 product line will be release just before the new year

Dawn Neill
Pure Archery Group
Customer Service/Warranty/ Accounts Receivable |Excalibur Crossbow
P: 519-743-6890 x 2201 F: 519-743-6964
ODH

Post by ODH »

If you are looking to purchase new give Dan Miller at Horizontal Archery a call and he will steer you in the right direction.
L.C.B.H

Post by L.C.B.H »

I seem to have located a 308 banshee so If I don't see anything new,in the specs I am looking at I will purchase the 308 the day the 2021 are announced in a week or so. I still have a few weeks of hunting and I am off work from 12pm on the 24th until January 2nd so I have some time in the woods coming up.
Libtards make me sick, and I don't take orders from a forum rat who needs to go to a safe place. Get used to Conservative Right wing hard working Canadians telling you liberals to F off!!!!! :wave:
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

I have so much confidence in my Exomax I would buy another. Not to say the newer and more narrow crossbows can’t get it done. A more narrow crossbow would be nice in my ground blinds but i’ve been able to find ways to use the Exomax successfully.

I guess I am very reluctant to take a chance when deer season only comes once a year. I am physically slowing down quite a bit so don’t know how many more seasons I will be able to hunt. Underground mining and Power Plant maintenance work has been rough on my body!!
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Driftless hunter

I appreciate everyone's replies to my original first post. If some of you return to this thread, the discussion has created a few questions.

My initial interest was in the Mag 340, but I wouldn't rule out the Bulldog 330 that's in that same price range now. I also wouldn't rule out a classic from the past, but I don't see myself putting much effort in finding the right crossbow going the used route.

Correct me if I am wrong - I have a sense that the newer Excalibur crossbows may have some quality issues. There's been some changes in who owns Excalibur, & the push for more speed may be behind some of these issues? My speculation, not facts. I know mechanical items can break at times, & it happens with most any company.

I don't get sucked into marketing hype. I know that I don't need 750cc ATV to plow out my driveway, because I've been doing it with a 250cc ATV the past 17 years. A 8 MP trail camera can do just as well as a 20 MP camera. My current compound bow is going on 8 years old now, & it replaced by one that I shot for 17 years. I learn to become proficient with whatever I have.

I would rather have an accurate 325 fps crossbow that's pleasant to cock & shoot than a 400+ fps crossbow that's not so pleasant to deal with.

Do I need to be concerned about cracked limbs? I never worry about having a backup bow. Will I feel differently with a crossbow?

FYI - Archery shop owner that I have communicated with said he would have new Excalibur crossbows in stock in about 4-weeks.

Thanks for the input!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Driftless hunter wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:32 pm
I appreciate everyone's replies to my original first post. If some of you return to this thread, the discussion has created a few questions.

My initial interest was in the Mag 340, but I wouldn't rule out the Bulldog 330 that's in that same price range now. I also wouldn't rule out a classic from the past, but I don't see myself putting much effort in finding the right crossbow going the used route.

Correct me if I am wrong - I have a sense that the newer Excalibur crossbows may have some quality issues. There's been some changes in who owns Excalibur, & the push for more speed may be behind some of these issues? My speculation, not facts. I know mechanical items can break at times, & it happens with most any company.

I don't get sucked into marketing hype. I know that I don't need 750cc ATV to plow out my driveway, because I've been doing it with a 250cc ATV the past 17 years. A 8 MP trail camera can do just as well as a 20 MP camera. My current compound bow is going on 8 years old now, & it replaced by one that I shot for 17 years. I learn to become proficient with whatever I have.

I would rather have an accurate 325 fps crossbow that's pleasant to cock & shoot than a 400+ fps crossbow that's not so pleasant to deal with.

Do I need to be concerned about cracked limbs? I never worry about having a backup bow. Will I feel differently with a crossbow?

FYI - Archery shop owner that I have communicated with said he would have new Excalibur crossbows in stock in about 4-weeks.

Thanks for the input!
You have described a 330 Bulldog in this post.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:47 pm
Welcome to the forum! While the Axe or Mag bows are a fantastic deal, my choice would be the 355 Suppressor. I’m actually toying with purchasing one myself.
400 Suppressor TD, which trigger is used in that model? Reviews? :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuPm0aGKYSg

Quieter than I was expecting, and the same speeds / arrow weight as my Matrix 380. :think:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Driftless hunter wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:32 pm

Thanks for the input!
Bulldog 330, the best all around bow they offer. This is coming from a micro guy.

Don't worry about the whole new vs old quality reports. There are a whole lot more new product being sold each year over the EXO days, and don't forget Facebook didn't exist back then the report on the falling skies.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Driftless hunter

It will be interesting to see if the Bulldog 330 remains in the 2021 line up coming out soon, because it doesn't seem as available (on line) as some of the other models like the Mag 340. It may be hard to find a Mag 340 & Bulldog 330 at the same time to compare? I am just speculating. Looking at crossbows is still very new to me.

I am sort of old school literally (recently retired teacher). I had a Facebook account for a time, but closed it down years ago.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

My Mag340 seems to fit all my needs ..Nice size for ground blind , treestand or stalking ..Accurate ,good speed ,fairly light ...price is not to bad either