Hawke XB30 Compact 1.5-6x36

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Hawke XB30 Compact 1.5-6x36

Post by IronNoggin »

Up to now I hadn't thought much about replacing the Hawke scope on my Matrix 380.
I mean why mess with what works...

Then I saw the info on the Hawke XB30 with a larger objective lens (36mm) and lighted reticles right out to 100 yards.
This is a larger objective than my first version of the Compact XB30 (32 mm) and lights up the chevrons beyond 60 yards as my current one is limited to.

Here's the digs: https://ca.hawkeoptics.com/xb30-compact-15-6x36-sr.html

Couple things I am interested in:

Has anyone here had the opportunity to handle / shoot with one of these?
If so, I'd really like to hear your thoughts...

I am considering putting something of a Group Buy together on these. Already have three locals who want in. Would anyone here be at all interested?
If so, let me know. I am chatting with one outfit so far as to how many units would be required to bring the price down a tad.

If anyone else has an idea of other companies that could be approached to consider the group Buy, please let me know (Canada only obviously).

Hoping for some input before we take the plunge...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
xcaliber

Re: Hawke XB30 Compact 1.5-6x36

Post by xcaliber »

NICE, just way more scope than I would ever need. The windage marks are sweet as well. I know you will test those Matt! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Matt
I own one of these same models and thought I would give you my personal findings. First the glass is very good and that says a lot coming from me. It is wide angle which really helps with FOV. I really like the reticle layout and the illumination. The turret adjustments are solid and precise. Now what I’m not to crazy about is that the eye relief is very short and I mean around an inch and a half to 2 inches. Also as you stated all of the crosshairs do illuminate out to 100yds but the numbers do not illuminate at all. This scope gets zeroed at 40yds and then you adjust the speed ring (which is a locking ring) from that point. JMHO and hope this helps.
Have a Merry Christmas
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Had one.

This is just my personal opinion.

For my aiming eye the glass was horrible and reticle blurry.

Now the Vortex crossfire ii crossbow scope for my eye is chrystal clear and reticle is perfectly in focus...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Thanks fellas, this is the kind of input I was hoping for.
Wish there was a dealership close so I could have a hand's on boo.
Likely still going to go for it. Been happy with my old one, so...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Normous

Post by Normous »

I have sold about 70 of these Hawke Compact 1.5 x 5 x 36 scopes and not had one single customer complaints or returns to date.
Eye relief is a bit short for the "inexperienced" the way I see it, but for the price point, glass and function is priced right. Rings and flip up caps are included.
Focus the reticle for your eye and your GTG.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
fredd

Post by fredd »

Hi iron noggin, Fred here from Ontario. Traded a bow with you a few yrs back. Haven't been on the forum for a few years. How's things, hunting going good and salmon fishing. Getting ready for Christmas and a lock down hear in Ontario. Stay safe. Regards Fred
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I just bought a Hawke XB 30 Pro SR yesterday. Hope to get it on my 380 after Christmas.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

fredd wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:00 pm
Hi iron noggin, Fred here from Ontario. Traded a bow with you a few yrs back. Haven't been on the forum for a few years. How's things, hunting going good and salmon fishing. Getting ready for Christmas and a lock down hear in Ontario. Stay safe. Regards Fred
Hey & Hi Fred!
Often wonder about you and your Family!
Is the Young Gun still shooting that Ibex I sent?

Life has been topsy turvy this year. Won't get much into except to say it was one of the worst years ever for both me & my Family.
Now hoping for a MUCH better year next!
Did manage to get out for the late bow hunt, and collected some fine winter grits thankfully.

Hope & Trust all is well with You & Your Clan my friend! Nice to see you around!
Have a VERY Merry Christmas & Happy HoliDaze!
Normous wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:47 pm
I have sold about 70 of these Hawke Compact 1.5 x 5 x 36 scopes and not had one single customer complaints or returns to date.
Sending you a pm Norm...

Cheers,
Nog
fredd

Post by fredd »

Yep all good here, yep still got the Limited Edition Ducks Unlimited Ibex. He shot some deer with it and a few Turkey's. Loves it. I switched back to old school . Found a good deal on an Exomax just like new for 400.00. Been a crazy year over here to. Nice to here from you. Stay safe. Fred
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

So...

After one Buddy bailed on our group effort, the other two decided I was "dragging my feet" attempting to find a deal on these scopes.
This when I was actually in Saskatchewan dealing with pressing Family matters...
Long story short, they ended up ordering two in, paying just over $ 450.00 Canadian per unit.

After I got home and discovered that I was a tad choked.
But my search continued.
And I've found one hell of a great price on them to boot!
Considerably less than $ 300.00 Canadian!
Waited until mine was in my Brother's hands before daring to post here.
But now that it is, I decided to do just that.
For this price point it represents an excellent choice for any who might be interested...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1417972-REG/hawke_sport_optics_12226_1_5_6x36_xb30_compact_crossbow.html/overview

Going to run mine through it' paces soonish.
Letcha know my thoughts once I do...

Cheers,
Nog
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Wyvern Creations sells the Hawke XB30's for $200....that's $100 less than most places. I love the 2-8x36 that I have.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360