Traditions Crackshot XBR

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Robinsons Rebel

Traditions Crackshot XBR

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

I just came across this.A Traditions Crackshot XBR rifle that shoots a crossbolt. Believe they said speed was 385 fps and a killing range out to 70 yards. Interesting concept to say the least.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
Al in Mi

Re: Traditions Crackshot XBR

Post by Al in Mi »

interesting, but our governess shot down air bows for hunting this past fall so would guess this would follow the same fate for hunting anyways.
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Yeah, whoever did the review I saw said their state could use it during the firearm season but not for the archery season.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

These type of things put real pressure on those that hunt with real archery equipment in my opinion. Law makers are under a lot of pressure from anti hunters and other groups attacking our rights and I feel that supporting any of these contraptions just makes the hunters look bad. There are too many people that have this notion that all we want to really do is kill animals. We really need to quit stuffing their gun barrels for them.
JMHO
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:45 am
These type of things put real pressure on those that hunt with real archery equipment in my opinion. Law makers are under a lot of pressure from anti hunters and other groups attacking our rights and I feel that supporting any of these contraptions just makes the hunters look bad. There are too many people that have this notion that all we want to really do is kill animals. We really need to quit stuffing their gun barrels for them.
JMHO
Agreed... that's a deal breaker for me to be used in a state archery season.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Our stupid state allows hunters to use.40 caliber semiautomatic handguns now for deer hunting, ridiculous in my opinion and I would like to really know how many real hunters wanted such an idiotic rule. How many wounded deer suffered from these hammer heads? We have enough pretend hunters, and careless morons running around in the woods already. I’m not trying to act like some perfect citizen, or hunter, but again WE keep muddying the water and then wonder what happened when rules go against us.
I’m going to try to do something productive now. :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

There's an AR prototype in the making too.
Estimated 600 fps.