Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: Extra Limbs

Post by xcaliber »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:00 pm
have not had a limb problem since i bought spears :eusa-clap:
Me neither! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
howie

Post by howie »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:18 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:30 pm
ComfyBear wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:01 pm

I hear ya Paul....and I'll go you one better. I refuse to buy extra limbs and a riser. After all, I own five Excaliburs. That way each one keeps the others in check, so that none would ever dare to fail. :lol:
First of all limbs are not even comparable to an engine in terms of price, more like a spare tire. I always carry a spare tire.
:eusa-popcorn:
If you figure cost of bow and cost of limbs percentage wise you will not be far off of truck/motor percentage. It was an example anyway, but ...
I agree flightattendant. My Axe 340 cost me $600. $100 for a spare set of limbs is over 16% of the purchase price. To be equal, a $20k truck would be using a $3200 spare tire. Personally, I can find tires much cheaper.
When the limb cracked on my Axe and I posted about here there were many saying to get a spare set. I just waited until Excalibur shipped limbs (about 2-1/2 weeks). I used my compound bow and my brothers crossbow while waiting. A few here sent the thread about the failure went off the rails and it was deleted.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You guys ever hear a saying Apples to Apples? I don't have XM radio, or a battery on my Excalibur, just saying. :eusa-popcorn:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hey, how much does that insurance cost for this imaginary 20K truck anyway? :lol: :lol:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:45 pm
Hey, how much does that insurance cost for this imaginary 20K truck anyway? :lol: :lol:
I'm pretty sure that might buy the tailgate on mine!! :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I must admit...I do have a spare set of limbs for my Micro. And glad to have them. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have!!! :wink:
Just my humble Redneck opinion!! :lol:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
howie

Post by howie »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:15 pm
You guys ever hear a saying Apples to Apples? I don't have XM radio, or a battery on my Excalibur, just saying. :eusa-popcorn:
You loyalists are the ones that compare a spare set of limbs to a spare tire. So the only way to try to compare apples to apples is the cost.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Okay you win! I’ll be hunting while you go shopping with the family. :lol: :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

The loyalist with the spare limbs don't cry about the down time and the "whoa is me" forum post, after something breaks, because they don't have too. I don't look at it as insurance, I look at it as being prepared. Say you bump your bow off a picnic table and a limb splinters the next shot. Not your fault, certainly not Excalibur's fault. Bet that $100 purchase from a couple years ago would be pretty appreciated right about then.

Just so everyone is on the same page, my $40k sports didn't come with a spare tire.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

My 63k custom Tundra did! I think I paid for it somewhere in the total price! :eusa-think:
:lol: :lol:
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

janesy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:15 am
The loyalist with the spare limbs don't cry about the down time and the "whoa is me" forum post, after something breaks, because they don't have too. I don't look at it as insurance, I look at it as being prepared. Say you bump your bow off a picnic table and a limb splinters the next shot. Not your fault, certainly not Excalibur's fault. Bet that $100 purchase from a couple years ago would be pretty appreciated right about then.

Just so everyone is on the same page, my $40k sports didn't come with a spare tire.
I agree....and I'm prepared, but NOT by buying spare limbs, I don't feel that I SHOULD do that. Instead by having extra x-bows. I feel that same when it comes to buying a car. I will NOT buy a spare engine, but I have bought an extra car, just in case. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

I bought a backup set of limbs for my 308 Short only because I like the Kryptek Banshee so much, figured that if I wait until they actually fail that micro limbs in that pattern won't be available then. If my first set ever does fail I'll do a warranty claim, I'll take black if Banshee isn't available at the time.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360