Excalibur TwinStrike Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crsmith

Re: Excalibur TwinStrike Crossbow

Post by crsmith »

I follow this forum but rarely post, however I do feel the need in this case. I am a huge fan of excalibur crossbows but I don’t like the direction they have headed with this bow. Excalibur has always been about keeping things simple and developing bows for the bow hunter. Why would you ever want or need a crossbow with 4 limbs 2 strings and the complications that go along with it. Archery is about using your skills to get close and wait for the opportunity for one well placed shot and if that opportunity doesn’t present itself maybe that’s the way it’s suppose to be on that day. My bets are we will see more wounded animals with this bow, people lobbing second shots just cause they have one. It’s sad to see hunters getting caught up in the bigger, better, faster world and seems people are forgetting what archery is suppose to be. There may be some that will show interest in this bow but it won’t be me. Let’s keep it simple Excalibur, when it comes to hunting less is more.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:58 pm
I'm warming up to it!!! Lol
:eusa-popcorn:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Thinking back on this past season.

I had a buck come by at 40 yards and I used the 20 yard pin!! Duh!!!!

The arrow went under the deer.

It just stood there for a minute then walked away. :(

If I had a second arrow I would have composed myself and used the correct pin!!! :mrgreen:
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

amythntr wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:26 pm
....I stand by my previous statement....this is dead on arrival or as Dan has said....it is a boutique item!

.... and OBTW, in The People's Republic of New Jersey, the anti-crossbow people have kept crossbows out of 3D shoots....according to them they are sure shots and just like a rifle......this will only add to the furor...

....I hope the states do NOT allow it....our American Indians and Fred Bear must be rolling over in their graves!!!

We have spent years trying to make, and then keep, crossbows legal and unrestricted in Wisconsin.

Ravin advertising their crossbow as "your second rifle with 100 yard accuracy" has been killing us with the anti crowd propaganda.

This won't help and will only give more the anti-crossbow crowd here more to work with.

Sorry, but that's going to be the truth.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

I agree this doesn’t help us win anyone over when trying to gain ground with or keep crossbows in archery season.
This product will go down as the biggest flop excal ever produced...
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

3 little words.

NO THANK YOU !
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Mathews V3 shoots a 400gr arrow 342 fps and a 2nd shot can be taken a few seconds later if needed.

Excalibur Twinstrike will shoot a 400gr arrow about 340 fps and a 2nd shot can be taken a few seconds later.

I don't think objectively dnr's or anti's really have anything to stand on in terms of changing rules because of one RECURVE crossbow model from a manufacturer most of them have never heard of.

If vertical bows took 30 seconds to a minute to nock another arrow and get a 2nd shot, and someone came out with the system they have now where it only takes a few seconds to get another shot off, nobody would fuss.

So why all the infighting when Excalibur decides to do the same for crossbow??

In 5 years Excalibur will probably still be the only ones doing this, we'll realize that it's not a huge advantage but will fit the bill for some guys and especially for certain animals, and will be ridiculous thinking back on how many are so against it.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:28 pm

If I had a second arrow I would have composed myself and used the correct pin!!! :mrgreen:
Exactly. I think the more people have time to stew on it they'll recall times (or tines, haha) where it could have made a difference for them.

And let's not forget this Twinstrike comes with disadvantages too, so it certainly doesn't give anyone an unfair advantage. Just shifts the positions of the players around on the field to make one area stronger while weakening another area, so to speak.
Last edited by wheelsquad on Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

All l wanted was a skeletal ultralight crossbow ?...basically a (one strike lite)
Maby use the tiny limbs? Maby next year.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

wheelsquad wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:04 pm
agingcrossbower wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:29 pm
One of the things that I like about bowhunting is that you get ONE shot. It is the challenge of it all. To each their own I guess.

Take for instant you practice all fall and in about 8 seconds and one arrow and it is over. That in itself is so cool.
Start video at about 14:30. Here's one of the best bowhunters in the world. And I bet nobody would fault him for taking 2 shots in less than 15 seconds.

https://youtu.be/v7EBZ4PfjoI
I'm sure lots will love the two shot idea. It is just not for me. Thanks for the video.
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

I won't be suprised if they aren't allowed in Pennsylvania,
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:28 pm

I’ve had enough opportunities for a second shot that this would make sense. I also would like to try shooting two arrows at once...just for $hits and giggs.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

longbow joe wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:33 pm
All l wanted was a skeletal ultralight crossbow ?...basically a (one strike lite)
Maby use the tiny limbs? Maby next year.
Yep, this would have been waaaaaay better. Those that need that need that second shot should practice maybe a bit more! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Would have to assume the POI is setup to be different or else it could become quite expense shooting the nock nocks.

Nock nock
Who's there
Robin Hood
Boo

Post by Boo »

The bow is made to have arrows regulated to 50 yards.
Some people just like stepping on rakes