Excalibur TwinStrike Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Re: Excalibur TwinStrike Crossbow

Post by ComfyBear »

I was just wondering how the MRSP was derived, then it dawned on me. Two rails, two triggers, two strings, two limbs, two arrows, two safeties. So of course :eusa-doh: :idea: six units of twos.......$2,222.22.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

The YouTube video that Peter put showed when the two triggers were pulled the arrows were maybe a inch a part.
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:15 am
The bow is made to have arrows regulated to 50 yards.
So what your saying is anything under 50 yards and dual SWATs you can pull both triggers and not have to field dress your deer?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Not sure if you can time it so that both arrows leave the string at the same time. I am sure that recoil from the first shot will negatively effect the second shot.
I have a 3D printer, maybe....... :eusa-popcorn:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
grouse

Post by grouse »

Among the guns in my cabinet are a single barrel H&R and a single barrel Winchester. I also have a Browning Citori O/U. All three are nice guns but I like the Citori the best, it just has obvious advantages. Weight aside, I think an over and under crossbow would be an advantage on occasion.

We have special seasons for certain types of weapons because they are considered "primitive". Here in Missouri our archery season is 4 months long and we can take two antlered bucks with a bow (or crossbow) but only one with a firearm. A repeater crossbow could hardly be considered primitive and could be a step toward limiting advantages given to crossbow hunters. That would be my only concern about a two shot crossbow. Other than that, I'm in awe of the people who can produce a sophisticated weapon like that.
axiom
350 SE
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

mr meat wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:50 am
The YouTube video that Peter put showed when the two triggers were pulled the arrows were maybe a inch a part.
Distance looked to be lie 10 yards...or less
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Is the new nock a requirement? If so, are lighted nocks not currently an option for the Twinstrike? :eusa-think:
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Just watched a video of the Twinstrike from bowhunterplanet very nice video I’m impressed he also fired two shots at the same time.like I said very impressive. When I first heard of this I wasn’t impressed but after seeing it I definitely like it. Although I don’t think I’m going to shoot one now because I’d probably have to buy one and it’s not worth getting divorced over.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
Boo

Post by Boo »

OhioXBowhunter wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:46 pm
Just watched a video of the Twinstrike from bowhunterplanet very nice video I’m impressed he also fired two shots at the same time.like I said very impressive. When I first heard of this I wasn’t impressed but after seeing it I definitely like it. Although I don’t think I’m going to shoot one now because I’d probably have to buy one and it’s not worth getting divorced over.
Oh knowing some wives I think you might be wrong! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

OhioXBowhunter wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:46 pm
Ba, just get it in the same camo as another bow and you'll be fine
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

If l recall back in the day a double barrel shotguns barrels were made to "cross"at 30 yards.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
If l buy the " over n under " Crossbow l can hunt deer like Elmer Fudd.... and give the deer. Bbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbb.....both ...bbb barrels####
I may make fun of the bow but l must say to the management that it's extremely innovative and l compliment them don't take me as a downer..l wish you success with it.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Dave at Wyvern Creations has now put out a youtube video on the Twinstrike...worth watching.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Hillcountry wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:40 am
Dave at Wyvern Creations has now put out a youtube video on the Twinstrike...worth watching.
Yep,,, just watched it.

I'll have to say the bow is pretty cool!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Here's a comprehensive review from CrossbowExperts on the Excalibur TwinStrike crossbow for those of you who are wondering if it's for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFFOFndbMF0&feature=emb_rel_end

The way I see it, the new innovations introduced in this bow will, in the future, probably migrate and be adapted to the existing single shot Excalibur crossbow line. Whether it be the new limbs, or the new ceasefire system using the Rhino nock system.
I also can see folks wanting to probably upgrade their present scope with the new Overwatch scope, and replacing their quiver with the new "tightspot" quiver.

In summation, even if the new TwinStrike isn't for everyone, perhaps some of it features might be of interest to those who have no use for a two shot crossbow. So let's give Excalibur credit for their innovative efforts.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

I want to see a video of someone shooting a 450 grain arrow top and 350 bottom. I would guess at about 36 yards they hit each other.

On a personal note. Archery hunting is all about the challenge of getting close to a target to make that one shot count. I think this goes against everything that archery hunting stands for.
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound