Edited by me
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
76chevy

Re: Excalibur TwinStrike Crossbow

Post by 76chevy »

not for me.

Excal needs to get back to making good solid bows in the 350fps range...they seem to have lost their way.

My tricked out grizz matrix with Nikon scope meets my hunting needs.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Many times in product development it takes a larger scale project like this to justify the costs associated with say, a completely new limb composition. Dave at Wyvern said in his video review of the Twinstrike that these are the best looking limbs he's ever seen, in terms of build quality. So let's say they prove to hold up very well... Imagine how nice they'll be on a single configuration, Mag 340 riser'd, bullpup style Excal. I'm not saying Excal will ever do that exact configuration, but it's an example of how the non Twinstrike Excal customers could still benefit.

And let's be honest.... Excal had to do something big to start to get some name recognition again in the industry. Ask anyone familiar with hunting but not familiar with crossbows to name 2 crossbow brands..... 9 people out of 10 wouldn't name excalibur. Without brand recognition you have no sales and without sales you have a dying brand. With all the junk and copycat compound crossbows out there, the crossbow industry needs as much awareness of excalibur to the non-enthusiasts as it can get.
Last edited by wheelsquad on Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Ankh

Post by Ankh »

Perfectly said Wheelsquad, I couldn't agree more.
Micro 335 nightmare, Axiom
Swhacker 150 grain, zombie slayers
Wants: micro ultra lite, adj. stock, take down, good trigger, good scope , low 300 speed to keep "cockable" w/out crank
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

I have been a bow hunter since 1974. Have seen many changes since then. We went from recurve bows to compound bows to crossbows to air bows. We went from cedar arrows to fiberglass to aluminum to carbon fiber. We went from a three finger release to mechanical releases, went from two blade broad heads to three than four and five to mechanical broad heads. Not to mention range finders, trail cameras, feeders, food plots, scent eliminating spray and clothing etc. it seems with every one of these changes we have heard the same rhetoric that it will ruin bow hunting or hunting in general. It hasn’t and this new Twinstrike crossbow will not doom crossbow hunting. Reading these comments reminds me of that huge debate we had 30 years ago about crossbows being allowed in the general archery season, and in some cases it is still going on. Remember how the compound bow hunters hated us crossbow guys calling us unethical, cheaters, lazy, slop hunters just because our stings were horizontal instead of vertical. Well, some of your comments bring me back to that time. Yes, it’s a different bow, so what. Where does it say if we make a bad shot on a game animal we shouldn’t be allowed to make a quick follow shot. If we follow that logic all hunters should only load one round in their rife in order to prove they are a fair and ethical hunter even if it means that a wounded animal crawls off and dies an agonizing death because we are to proud to have a multiple shot rifle or bow. The new Twinstrike is not for everyone, myself included but if someone feels they need it what’s the big deal. How will that take away from my joy of hunting with my 380 Matrix. Hell, one day a repeater crossbow maybe the norm. Most importantly is that we hunt safely, respect property lines and do everything in our power to recover game we shoot.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
janesy

Post by janesy »

wheelsquad wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:58 am
Many times in product development it takes a larger scale project like this to justify the costs associated with say, a completely new limb composition. Dave at Wyvern said in his video review of the Twinstrike that these are the best looking limbs he's ever seen, in terms of build quality. So let's say they prove to hold up very well... Imagine how nice they'll be on a single configuration, Mag 340 riser'd, bullpup style Excal. I'm not saying Excal will ever do that exact configuration, but it's an example of how the non Twinstrike Excal customers could still benefit.

And let's be honest.... Excal had to do something big to start to get some name recognition again in the industry. Ask anyone familiar with hunting but not familiar with crossbows to name 2 crossbow brands..... 9 people out of 10 wouldn't name excalibur. Without brand recognition you have no sales and without sales you have a dying brand. With all the junk and copycat compound crossbows out there, the crossbow industry needs as much awareness of excalibur to the non-enthusiasts as it can get.
Up around me 9 put of 10 people use Excalibur's, and the 10th has to work that day. Otherwise he'd be using his too.
Well said Tyler
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

wheelsquad wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:58 am

:thumbup:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Buckeye

I read your post and then I read it again.

You had just better stop that kind of talk. You are making far too much sense.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
janesy

Post by janesy »

buckeye wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:37 pm
I have been a bow hunter since 1974. Have seen many changes since then. We went from recurve bows to compound bows to crossbows to air bows. We went from cedar arrows to fiberglass to aluminum to carbon fiber. We went from a three finger release to mechanical releases, went from two blade broad heads to three than four and five to mechanical broad heads. Not to mention range finders, trail cameras, feeders, food plots, scent eliminating spray and clothing etc. it seems with every one of these changes we have heard the same rhetoric that it will ruin bow hunting or hunting in general. It hasn’t and this new Twinstrike crossbow will not doom crossbow hunting. Reading these comments reminds me of that huge debate we had 30 years ago about crossbows being allowed in the general archery season, and in some cases it is still going on. Remember how the compound bow hunters hated us crossbow guys calling us unethical, cheaters, lazy, slop hunters just because our stings were horizontal instead of vertical. Well, some of your comments bring me back to that time. Yes, it’s a different bow, so what. Where does it say if we make a bad shot on a game animal we shouldn’t be allowed to make a quick follow shot. If we follow that logic all hunters should only load one round in their rife in order to prove they are a fair and ethical hunter even if it means that a wounded animal crawls off and dies an agonizing death because we are to proud to have a multiple shot rifle or bow. The new Twinstrike is not for everyone, myself included but if someone feels they need it what’s the big deal. How will that take away from my joy of hunting with my 380 Matrix. Hell, one day a repeater crossbow maybe the norm. Most importantly is that we hunt safely, respect property lines and do everything in our power to recover game we shoot.
:thumbup:
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

buckeye wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:37 pm
I'm going to plagiarize this because I'm not old enough to have experienced all those different changes in archery, and you worded it perfectly. I was waiting for someone who's seen it all to word it in a way that those who haven't been through it could. When the Twinstrike was announced, this same sentiment was my gut feeling about it, that this is just another small change that a lot of people are worried about now that we'll laugh about it ever being a big deal 10 years from now. Thanks, buckeye.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Let’s say you draw down on a huge buck but in your haste failed to see the small branch in your line of sight. You pull the trigger and the arrow heads off to who knows where after striking the branch. The buck spooks but seems unaware he is in mortal danger. After bounding away a few yards he stops and turns broadside looking in your direction. No way you can reload the crossbow with him looking at you. After a few minutes he finally winds you and is gone for good.

This happened to me while hunting on the ground several years ago. Wish I would of had a TwinStrike then!!

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35