Innovation

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ankh

Innovation

Post by Ankh »

Again, not for me but some interesting new design features on this new ravin r18 "vertical crossbow ".
Between this and the twinstrike I love the innovation in the crossbow world. Maybe a new design will strike my fancy one of these days.
Micro 335 nightmare, Axiom
Swhacker 150 grain, zombie slayers
Wants: micro ultra lite, adj. stock, take down, good trigger, good scope , low 300 speed to keep "cockable" w/out crank
retrieverman

Re: Innovation

Post by retrieverman »

Innovation is fine if you already have a good product to start with, but in my opinion, Excalibur needs to concentrate their “innovation” on building limbs that don’t crack.

I see people asking for crossbow recommendations on other boards, and I can’t recommend Excalibur with a good conscience.

I have no intention of getting rid of the ones I have, but I dang sure won’t be buying anymore. :thumbdown:
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Innovation triggers upgrade by current bow owners.

If no new bows are released we would all keep what we have because the need to upgrade would be a mute point!!

Do I need to upgrade what I have? No but I want to!! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Innovation is fine if you already have a good product to start with, but in my opinion, Excalibur needs to concentrate their “innovation” on building limbs that don’t crack.

I see people asking for crossbow recommendations on other boards, and I can’t recommend Excalibur with a good conscience.

I have no intention of getting rid of the ones I have, but I dang sure won’t be buying anymore.
Fair statement but I wish that people could see how much time we spend on limb development, we never stop. We are constantly testing and experimenting with different limb designs, composition etc. I don't think many appreciate the complexity in building high performance recurve limbs, we are the only company that does it in the recurve crossbow world, every one is hand made.

We have been making our own limbs for over 30 years, we have thousands of crossbows being used in the field and add to it every year. Even if 1% of all the crossbows we ever made were to fail that would equate to thousands of issues. The problem with social media is all you need is a few disgruntled users to complain online and it looks like the sky is falling, I can assure you it isn't.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but I have been working here for 18 years and nobody cares more about their product and customers than we do at Excalibur Crossbow. We hunt and shoot with the product so we know exactly how well they work but like any product made by man failures can happen and all we can do is try our best to get you back in the field. There are many great crossbow companies out there that make some incredible products but we will continue to design and create the best crossbows we can and stay true to our company design philosophy that has successfully endured for over 38 years.

Peter
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

:clap: :eusa-clap: Excalibur still gets it done!
Ankh

Post by Ankh »

I own 2 excaliburs and have been quite pleased. Part of my decision to buy was actually feedback from other owners that they stand behind their product. I did much research before purchasing and found that every brand has their share of vocal complaints. I haven't seen glowing reviews of any other brands customer service like I do with excalibur.

If I find a company that can rival that (with features I like), I'll be happy to try their products as well. Until then, I'm satisfied with a company that makes a quality product, and if something happens to it, they stand behind it and make it right.
Micro 335 nightmare, Axiom
Swhacker 150 grain, zombie slayers
Wants: micro ultra lite, adj. stock, take down, good trigger, good scope , low 300 speed to keep "cockable" w/out crank
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:37 pm

I have no intention of getting rid of the ones I have, but I dang sure won’t be buying anymore.
Fair statement but I wish that people could see how much time we spend on limb development, we never stop. We are constantly testing and experimenting with different limb designs, composition etc. I don't think many appreciate the complexity in building high performance recurve limbs, we are the only company that does it in the recurve crossbow world, every one is hand made.

We have been making our own limbs for over 30 years, we have thousands of crossbows being used in the field and add to it every year. Even if 1% of all the crossbows we ever made were to fail that would equate to thousands of issues. The problem with social media is all you need is a few disgruntled users to complain online and it looks like the sky is falling, I can assure you it isn't.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but I have been working here for 18 years and nobody cares more about their product and customers than we do at Excalibur Crossbow. We hunt and shoot with the product so we know exactly how well they work but like any product made by man failures can happen and all we can do is try our best to get you back in the field. There are many great crossbow companies out there that make some incredible products but we will continue to design and create the best crossbows we can and stay true to our company design philosophy that has successfully endured for over 38 years.

Peter

I would have to agree I’ve got 5 Excalibur’s currently in my house not all mine a couple belong to my kids but out of the 5 we’ve got over a 1000 shots on them all together and I’ve never had any problems with them I also know that if I do they stand behind their bows and will get me fixed quickly.

Since Peter is on here can you answer a couple of questions will the Rhino nocks be sold separately and what is the weight of the new nocks, and can the new quiver be purchased separately.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I was watching a hunting show the other day. It's called "Lone Star Surf and Turf". Hillbillies in Texas making hunting and fishing shows. Go figure!!
(YES...I AM ONE!!!! :wink: :lol: :wink: )

Anyway...guy's shooting a new TenPoint crossbow with all the "bells and whistles". Has a "dry-fire"...he admits on camera his hunt is OVER!! :wtf: This is the FIRST morning of the hunt!!
He was fixin' to stick a nice 145-150 class buck. He's done!! Bow has to go to a bow shop to be FIXED!!! :eusa-hand:
He had to borrowed a bow to finish the hunt. :think:

If he was shooting an Excalibur, just let down the string, check everything, go shoot the bow to make sure nothing moved, then GO BACK TO HUNTING!!!
End of story, kill the buck!! Have fresh backstrap for dinner, sleep well that night!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

It is easy to get short sighted and make some of the comments about the new TwinStrike and limbs. I am somewhat privy to how much work has gone into the limbs and bows. I've said it quite a few times here that the new limbs are far in a way better and more reliable. It took 2 years of hard work to get the limbs to where they are now. I wouldn't call them bullet proof but hell, they are recurve limbs that directly store all the energy and the come to an abrupt stop so they live a far more harsh life than a compound. Being a recurve is why most of us want Excaliburs because of that simplicity but it comes at a cost and Excalibur seems to have mitigated that cost of longevity with their current limbs. So if one looks back at the days when a fair number had limbs broken to today when we see fewer limb issues and think it's pretty apparent that limb failure is well below the 1% mark now. Most people do not keep in mind that the limbs failures are older limbs from bows that aren't used much that have not yet been replaced with the current bows and they'll continue to show up because of that use lag.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I’m not talking out my tail on the limb issues. I have 4 Excaliburs and an Offspring, and my Micro335 and Matrix380 both have new limbs due to catastrophic failure, and my Exomax has a cracked limb right now. Personally, I think 3 of 4 having limb issues constitutes a “problem”.
I only hunted with my Offspring this year and kept the Excaliburs as “back ups”. I was hunting for what will probably be the buck of my lifetime, and quite frankly, I didn’t really trust the Excaliburs to not let me down. I will continue to shoot them and try to rebuild my trust in them.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Since Peter is on here can you answer a couple of questions will the Rhino nocks be sold separately and what is the weight of the new nocks, and can the new quiver be purchased separately.
The new Rhino nocks weigh 20 grains, the old inserts weigh about 18 grains so not much difference. BTW the Rhino nock O.D is .300 where the old style is .3015 but that is almost zero difference so they would be interchangeable with your old arrows. I have not received information of them being available separately but my guess is they will be.

I hope this helps!

Peter
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:14 am
The new Rhino nocks weigh 20 grains, the old inserts weigh about 18 grains so not much difference. BTW the Rhino nock O.D is .300 where the old style is .3015 but that is almost zero difference so they would be interchangeable with your old arrows. I have not received information of them being available separately but my guess is they will be.

I hope this helps!

Peter
Thanks for the quick reply seasons almost done here in Ohio will be in the market for a new quiver and making some new arrows so hopefully everything will be available soon.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:14 am

I hope this helps!

Peter
Peter I have another specific question on the Twinstrike.... The triggers look to be directly below the new dualfire trigger box. Doesn't look to be any linkage. Yet they call the stock "Overmolded Bullpup" in the specs. Doesn't look bullpup to me at all. What gives?
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360