Cerakote Rail and Riser

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Cerakote Rail and Riser

Post by flightattendant100 »

Anybody have any experience with Cerakote on rails and riser? I know some have done the anodizing but just curious if any have had these parts done with Cerakote, and how did it hold up etc.Thanks in advance
Hatchet

Re: Cerakote Rail and Riser

Post by Hatchet »

I would be interested to know this too. I am working on an Apex for my daughter. We love everything about it except the "BLUE" rail and riser. Tried scuffing and painting but have found nothing durable enough yet. I also have a couple gray risers that I want to paint black.
The place that hydrodipped my Axe does cerakote. They are just a phonecall away if it's a good alternative.
Any suggestions?
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Janesy has had it done before. He swears Cerakote is the best coating for crossbows, no doubt. I considered having mine done but have that on hold for now. Janesy alo sent me a bunch of info I can forward to you guys so he doesn't have to reype it, it's a novel, lol. There were local places in MN that said they could do it, so I'm sure there would be guys in your area that could.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Thanks Tyler. I am going to call a couple places today for quotes.
Take care
Hatchet
janesy

Post by janesy »

I'm down to two bows now, and they are both Cerakoted. As Tyler mentioned I do believe it is the best option(feel free to forward any info Tyler)). All of my working guns get Cerakote, in fact I have a VersaMax being coated as we speak.

1, is coated in Cerakote Elite, and it is slick! Zero serving wear, and nothing sticks to it. It is slightly glossy compared to H cerakote, But it's not noticable. Just not Matte. Elite is by far the best option, but requires a good Installer to do it right as it's extremely thin. Also there are not many colour options. Bcxbow also did one of his bows in Elite.

2, My Axe is coated in Cerakote H series, and it's equally as durable, but the coating it's a little flatter if I stalled without glossing agents. Still smooth, just not like Elite . But H offers every colour or combo you can imagine.

You do NOT want air cure Cerakote.

When it comes to Cerakote. Your installer better know everything and be up on current training. And they have samples for you to handle. It's a premium product at a premium price, but not everyone does as good of a job. And a good Cerakote job is a lifetime finish
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme