Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: OT (bug out bag)

Post by vixenmaster »

longbow joe wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:04 am
Good point vixer!!
Basically that's kinda what l always thought too Probably end up holding out here.we got pets etc. Where would l go.....out to live in the woods that would be fun for 2 days or so lol..
In my neck of the woods we were devastated by hurricane sandy and l witnessed the ugly side of people getting nasty and greedy in a store on nite was glade to be packing that nite glad l didn't need it too.
But witnessed ugly and people can get ugly real quick.
Glad to hear from you mike.
Morning to you n yours. Yes people can n do get very nasty about things, sad it is, Those type are mentally broke, gray matter does not work well. You can say I/We are always bugging out, we just go where n when we want to. Of course we have no desire to be in freezing cold n snow n or ice. In Ehrenberg Az. right now, 7 miles east of Blythe Calif. Rebuilding our cargo trailer to serve us better
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
grouse

Post by grouse »

Ankh wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:36 am
AJ, I officially am calling you my man crush (although I do still identify as a manly man). Well said.
Still too gay for me!
axiom
350 SE
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

We have had our bags packed for over a year. Preparing ourselves for an uncertain future could be a form of therapy. We hope we never need to "Bug Out" but if the time comes our bags have things packed to make a stay more pleasant.
Throughout history things have happened that put entire populations in survival situations. When I packed our bags I thought a lot about these people and how something as simple as a needle and thread or a couple bottles of aspirin could have made their situation more bearable.
Surplus backpacks
First aid kits
Firestarter
Compass
Flashlights
Batteries
Knives fixed blade and folder
Machetes
Sharpening equipment
Canteens
Water purification equipment
Sewing kits
MRE'S
Dry goods, rice, beans
Salt and spices
Whistles
Tool kit
Plastic sheathing 6 mil
Books and bibles
Spare eyeglasses
Binoculars
Fishing line and tackle
Paracord
Wire
Duct tape
So this is just a short list. If I dug our packs out and unpacked them it would probably be 3 times as long. One pack per family member. Anything you can't carry with you at all times could be cached.

Plenty of people over the years have wished they planned better. Never heard anyone say they should have planned less.
Take care
Hatchet
janesy

Post by janesy »

vixenmaster wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:02 pm
Let me say this, where would you bug out to ? I use to have many firearms, ammo n reloading supplies. I still have some things, only one rifle do i have. I have one pump Win. model 12 shotgun with plug holds total of 7 counting the one in chamber. I have a few ML's just because i like shooting them. Really no where to bug out to that someone else isn't thinking to go there to. I am totally off grid, need no commercial power. Still need gas to drive with, like most everyone.
That's the best line in this thread. Not to mention most of us are over weight and or addicted to some vice that would ultimately leave us sitting on a curb one mile from your house, winded and trying not to pass outfrom carrying your bug out bag. Telling yourself it didn't feel this heavy in the basement LOL.

I jest! But, I do know someone who had a bug out bag and used it in 2018. Never seen or heard from again.

You know what was in that bag?? Cash. That's it.
Assuming he's not dead in a ditch, it worked.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

grouse wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:06 pm
I've been told "the democrats are going to take your guns" all of my life and I'll soon be 72 years old. There is more red tape than there used to be, but I've never had a problem buying a gun. To me, it's just a scare tactic to stimulate sales of guns and ammunition = and a very successful one at that!
Grouse, I think you said it best there. Calm will always prevail. However, I sure am a glad I live where I don't have to think preparedness.
AJ, I believe you are thinking right in a hostile environment that may be just barely peeking over the your horizon but I can't see it happening :eusa-hand: and even if it did, you'd have tons of warning. But it does make sense to get to know your neighbors to know who you can trust in any event, natural or not. Maybe it's better to say get to know who you cannot trust! :eusa-naughty:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:57 pm
grouse wrote:
I've been told "the democrats are going to take your guns" all of my life and I'll soon be 72 years old. There is more red tape than there used to be, but I've never had a problem buying a gun. To me, it's just a scare tactic to stimulate sales of guns and ammunition = and a very successful one at that!
Grouse, I think you said it best there. Calm will always prevail. However, I sure am a glad I live where I don't have to think preparedness.
AJ, I believe you are thinking right in a hostile environment that may be just barely peeking over the your horizon but I can't see it happening :eusa-hand: and even if it did, you'd have tons of warning. But it does make sense to get to know your neighbors to know who you can trust in any event, natural or not. Maybe it's better to say get to know who you cannot trust! :eusa-naughty:
From my dealing with the public in retail for 26 years, and now a year through Covid crisis and lockdowns.
I will tell you without a shadow of a doubt, do not trust your neighbours, and I mean that.

This is coming from a non-conspiracy, don't give a bleep, guy. To give a vague example within divulging any details, in 2020, the amount of phone calls to a local township "snitch line" for building or renovation permits increased at at rate of 1300%.
That's neighbours calling in on their neighbours. 1300%
And it's accurate, because I can tell for for certain, I saw exactly ZERO permits issued to a job I was associated with during the same timeframe.

Now that's not to say your not friends, or they won't help you, but remember...Good fences make good neighbours LOL
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:19 pm
Boo wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:57 pm
grouse wrote:
From my dealing with the public in retail for 26 years, and now a year through Covid crisis and lockdowns.
I will tell you without a shadow of a doubt, do not trust your neighbors, and I mean that.

This is coming from a non-conspiracy, don't give a bleep, guy. To give a vague example within divulging any details, in 2020, the amount of phone calls to a local township "snitch line" for building or renovation permits increased at at rate of 1300%.
That's neighbors calling in on their neighbors. 1300%
And it's accurate, because I can tell for for certain, I saw exactly ZERO permits issued to a job I was associated with during the same timeframe.

Now that's not to say your not friends, or they won't help you, but remember...Good fences make good neighbors LOL
Chris...
Any Governments, ok, most Governments don't want you getting along with your neighbors. It cause distress for the Government. It's that whole "We The People" mentality they (the Government) fears. The Country whether it be the USA or Canada or Mexico or Argentina or even China, actually belongs to the people within it's geographic borders.. It's the people who make it work. No form of Government makes any money by itself. It only TAKES from those who live within it's borders. And if the "ruling class can keep the humble masses at one another throats", they (the Government) are extremely happy!! It keeps them in power.
Thus you have the "information highway" paved by the enticement of money.

I knew a DEA Agent that had a sign on his desk that read, "The Whole World Hates a Snitch". CI's would sit at his desk, pick the sign up and read it, then spill their guts to him about everything they new. The Love of money truly is the root of all evil. :lol:

And Boo...
You are correct....you'll hear about it and see it long before it gets to you!! I just wanna reach "high ground" before it gets to me!! :lol: :lol:
I also don't really see it happening, but...if it do....I don't wanna be the guy with egg on his face either!! :wink:
At one time, you could NOT find a more trusting, believing MY Government would never lie to me kinda guy. Then I had the "pleasure" of testifying before a Senate committee. Boy...you talk about an "eye-opener"!! I finally figured out that I could NOT trust what my own eyes had seen, nor could I believe what my own ears had heard. :eusa-doh:
I remember the days after the Oklahoma City bombing. Barricades being installed, screening of all the folks coming into the Federal Buildings. Home Grown Terror!!!
Are we headed that way again...I pray we are NOT... :eusa-naughty:

I pray that the USA or Canada or any society NEVER suffer collapse. Most people wouldn't survive. Imagine a world with no power. No gas. No grocery stores. No hospitals. Most of the population would simply starve to death.
I don't worry about me. I worry about the kind of place my grandkids and great grandkids will inherit. I fear for them. :(
I just hope I can leave it a better place than I found it!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Hatchet wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:48 am
We have had our bags packed for over a year. Preparing ourselves for an uncertain future could be a form of therapy. We hope we never need to "Bug Out" but if the time comes our bags have things packed to make a stay more pleasant.
Throughout history things have happened that put entire populations in survival situations. When I packed our bags I thought a lot about these people and how something as simple as a needle and thread or a couple bottles of aspirin could have made their situation more bearable.

Plenty of people over the years have wished they planned better. Never heard anyone say they should have planned less.
Take care
Hatchet
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

This topic reminds me of when I used to watch The Walking Dead. I found their vision of societal collapse interesting and how people adapted to it, for good or for evil.

(The walkers were hardly a fearsome element though. Where I live they would have been piled up frozen stiff in the wintertime. After they thawed out in the summer, they'd just be bear bait....and the same thing for those who were still able to shuffle.)
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
evaughan

Post by evaughan »

[/quote]

That's the best line in this thread. Not to mention most of us are over weight and or addicted to some vice that would ultimately leave us sitting on a curb one mile from your house, winded and trying not to pass outfrom carrying your bug out bag. Telling yourself it didn't feel this heavy in the basement LOL.

[/quote]

Yup. I’ve encountered many grown men over the years sat down on the side of Algonquin park portages because they couldn’t do it. Planned for months, packed meticulously, got all the way there and found out they Couldn’t hump that pack up and down rock, mud etc..
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

evaughan wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:10 am
That's the best line in this thread. Not to mention most of us are over weight and or addicted to some vice that would ultimately leave us sitting on a curb one mile from your house, winded and trying not to pass out from carrying your bug out bag. Telling yourself it didn't feel this heavy in the basement LOL.

[/quote]

Yup. I’ve encountered many grown men over the years sat down on the side of Algonquin park portages because they couldn’t do it. Planned for months, packed meticulously, got all the way there and found out they Couldn’t hump that pack up and down rock, mud etc..
[/quote]

Yeppers....but that's why GOD invented a pack horse!!! And they, (pack horses), are another adventure in themselves!!! :lol: :lol:

But I ain't going to the mountains. :eusa-naughty: Every buck-toothed one-eyed Redneck Hillbilly with a .22 and an MRE will be there. (Cause it's what the "experts" tell them is the right thing to do!) They tend to "draw fire"...and that REALLY irritates folks like me!! I'm not fond of being shot at!! :eusa-snooty: It makes me angry!! :evil: :evil:

(I apologize now to ALL the One-eyed and/or Buck toothed people of the world!!) :lol: :lol: But I digress!! :eusa-doh:

However, I do NOT apologize to all the Redneck Hillbillies simply because .... oh wait, there's one at my front door now!!! :wtf:
Never mind...it was just my favorite son-in-law!!! :lol:

Most people terribly over-estimate their capability to (A) defend themselves. And (B) their own physical limitations!!

AJ