Anybody use one a deese

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Anybody use one a deese

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/0zWrzz4g]Image
Used the over the head screw in holder this year it worked great but this things got lazy joe written all over it for my favorite camp out ladderstand next season.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
hunter with MS

Re: Anybody use one a deese

Post by hunter with MS »

no I used to use the caldwell tree pod.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Naw say it ain't so ! I just hold mine in my lap, let the Riser lay on the stand bar on the cushion wrap
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
curious

Post by curious »

vixenmaster wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:31 am
Naw say it ain't so ! I just hold mine in my lap, let the Riser lay on the stand bar on the cushion wrap
X2 :thumbup:
Micro Axe 340 Kryptek Raid
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10x40, HHA Tetra XB
Dr Stirrup Bumpers
BEE'S 400 grains with ignitor lighted nocks
Boo force 10 strings
grouse

Post by grouse »

It would be totally useless to me. I keep my hands on my bow (in one way or another) at all times. I want to keep movement to a minimum in case a deer or turkey shows up by surprise.
axiom
350 SE
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

I can see where it might be more advantages if used in a groundblind.

Same as stated above! Not really much use in a tree stand . Greatly limit handling crossbow for shooting or swinging around for a difficult shot .

:think:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

curious wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:05 pm
vixenmaster wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:31 am
X2 :thumbup:
x3!!! Like Vixen said...Also Grouse had a great point....you don't want too much movement trying to get your bow ready!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I was looking around for something similar myself. My favorite spot has a hang on stand and I have an old API shooting rail that I installed on it that has been there for more than a decade. The padding is in need of replacement, but it still functions perfectly. It's similar to this one...
Though the strap on the API version was twice as wide and it was heavier duty. It is plenty sturdy enough for my crossbow or a gun to rest across it while I'm in my stand and is also a good rest. It keeps my crossbow level and just below chest height at all times.

I'm going to be putting up another hang on this year and I'm considering options. The API rail is no longer available and I'm not sure if the other models on the market are sturdy enough. They provide a little additional fall safety, but I certainly wouldn't want to trust my life to hanging on one. A lifeline is still necessary. Either another shooting rail, or something like Joe has pictured is what I'm considering.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Lucky-Dog

Post by Lucky-Dog »

I stay on the ground these days, but it does look like something that I might want if I were elevated.
My initial thought was it would be nice to have my bow secure should I need to stand up for any reason to temporarily free both hands.
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I use my Caldwell field pod and keep it at lap level so I can pick it up without a lot of movement .Don’t hunt from a tree any more just ground blinds. I think that Caldwell makes a shooting rest for a tree stand. W.M.
grouse

Post by grouse »

DuckHunt wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:43 pm
I was looking around for something similar myself. My favorite spot has a hang on stand and I have an old API shooting rail that I installed on it that has been there for more than a decade. The padding is in need of replacement, but it still functions perfectly. It's similar to this one...
Though the strap on the API version was twice as wide and it was heavier duty. It is plenty sturdy enough for my crossbow or a gun to rest across it while I'm in my stand and is also a good rest. It keeps my crossbow level and just below chest height at all times.

I'm going to be putting up another hang on this year and I'm considering options. The API rail is no longer available and I'm not sure if the other models on the market are sturdy enough. They provide a little additional fall safety, but I certainly wouldn't want to trust my life to hanging on one. A lifeline is still necessary. Either another shooting rail, or something like Joe has pictured is what I'm considering.
I bought a shooting rest like pictured above to put on a ladder stand that didn't have a shooting rest. The rest seemed too wobbly when only secured with the ratchet straps. I bought a couple of steel strips at a home improvement store then took a portable drill and (4) 1/4" bolts, nuts and washers to the stand and drilled holes in the right spots to connect the strips to the stand and the shooting rail. The result was a stable shooting platform and a safer stand.
axiom
350 SE
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

For a ladder or loc-on stand I like the screw in HME Crossbow hanger... they are really nice but a tad pricey at $27.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

If I use anything additional in a tree stand, I usually take my Excalibur Cross-stiks!! This seems to work well for me. I don't flip down the feet ( I just use it like a mono-pod), and just let the end of the shaft sit on the bottom of the stand where my feet rest. I adjust the height to what I think will suit me in the set-up and just wait.
So far...this has served me well. :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!