Which is best scope for Exomax?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rabuol

Which is best scope for Exomax?

Post by rabuol »

Which of the following would you choose for your Exomax ?

The dropzone, the maxzone or the varizone ?

I'm tempted with the varizone. What do you think all you veteran hunters ?

Rabuol
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

No doubt about it -

The Varizone
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
wabi

Post by wabi »

VariZone - one scope fits about any combination of crossbow & arrow weight you can come up with.
wabi
rabuol

Which scope is best scope for Exomax ?

Post by rabuol »

Thanks guys. I think I will be making myself a Xmas present and buy myself a Varizone scope.
Woody Williams

Re: Which scope is best scope for Exomax ?

Post by Woody Williams »

rabuol wrote:Thanks guys. I think I will be making myself a Xmas present and buy myself a Varizone scope.
Santa must have thought you were a good boy... :wink:
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

really doesn't matter. its not like deer are going to stand at 20, 30 or 40 yards. I have a varizone on only one of my several bows-the one I use for 3D. My hunting rigs just have the various yardage sets taped to the stock. haven't missed a deer yet save one time where the arrow clipped a stick that I couldn't see in the low light.

for example, on my old vixen and the drop zone, the scope works like this

20 yards, 29 yards, 37 yards (I don't shoot any farther than 35 yards)

If I estimate the deer at 32 yards, I merely hold a bit high with the second mark.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I prefer to aim dead on with the mark I want..
Woody Williams

longshot

Post by longshot »

I have the maxzone, never heard of the other one. How much is it and why is it so great?
bj

Post by bj »

as jim mentions and i totally agree - i have never had a deer stop and wait for the shot at 10-20-30-40-50 yards dead on the yardage (oh, maybe once)...if it wasn't would you wait until your rangefinder said it was...not for me, bowhunting is challenging enough...so what difference does it really make if the markers are at 20 -29-37 or whatever...on my vixen they are 26, 30 37, 43, and 51 ...the real benefit of the varizone is the increased power at the higher bows speeds if you choose to set the scope to the speed of the bow...actually some set the crosshairs to 30, the above marker is approx. 25 yards, the marker below the crosshair is approx. 36 yards, then 42 then 48...this is with the speed dial set at 350 on the vixen and giving the bow and scope a full 4 power capacity...taping the yardage markers on the limb works for me and i'm not the brightest bright bulb on the tree :oops: ...

Wayne...