O/T Weather

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Re: O/T Weather

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/NLkjt5QF]Image
Bringing dogs in the house....that's crazy thinking....you know they might not ever leave....
Crazy weather agreed snow snow and more snow its getting old but springs coming ...l keep telling myself that to keep going.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:59 am
I feel sorry for you guys down south! You just aren't used to it. Its what we expect here. My buddies in Alberta, north of the Peace River usually have a few weeks of -40 every year! Now that's cold! :wtf: I just finished running my snow blower mounted on my tractor in my shorts! :eusa-liar: It's only 14 F today!
Don...
We get snow down here about every 7-10 years. Other than that, it drops down in the low 30's to upper 20's for a few days and no one thinks anything about it. That's our winter. :lol:
Our problem is usually spring time and early summer due to Thunderstorms and Tornados. What a pain in the ... :wtf:
Fortunately I have hunted enough "northern" places to understand "it do get mighty frosty out there"!! :lol: :lol:

I drove over to the grocery store the other day. (Even the Tundra said it was COLD). Shelves were almost bare. No produce whatsoever. With some folks packing their shopping carts like it was "the end of civilization as we know it"!! :lol: :lol:
I bought COFFEE, Corn meal, flour and ICE CREAM. (A man MUST have priorities)!! :wink:
OH!! And toilet paper!! Don't forget the toilet paper!!! :eusa-naughty:

My shop has a propane heater. And it's own generator. I have about 6 cords of Oak firewood. The house is heated and has running water. I had a "stand-by Generac generator installed for it several years ago.
When we moved in here in 2007, I did a "few improvements". My wife said, "we'll never need all that stuff". Guess who's the HERO every time the power goes off now!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of my son-in-laws works at the local power generating plant. He hasn't been home in 3 days now. Can't leave work. Why? Because of all the ice and snow!! The plant he works at is the main "start up hub" for all the power going to the DFW area even though they are about 150 miles away from Dallas.
He is what is called a "Control Room Operator". He's one of the guys that turns the knobs to make sure your microwave works!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Since they can't leave the plant, Luminant is paying them for every hour of the day until they do get to go home. He's getting 14 hours overtime every day.

Hopefully things will start to return to normal for us in a few more days. We had more snow last night. Supposed to get more today. Then it's supposed to be a "heat wave" come Friday. It's supposed to be near 40!! :eusa-dance: :lol: :lol: :eusa-pray:

Y'all stay SAFE and WARM up there!!
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

longbow joe wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:59 pm
[url=https://postimg.cc/NLkjt5QF]Image
Bringing dogs in the house....that's crazy thinking....you know they might not ever leave....
Crazy weather agreed snow snow and more snow its getting old but springs coming ...l keep telling myself that to keep going.
Joe I got one of those too!! She thinks she's human!! :lol: :lol: :wink: :lol: :lol:

My wife says that this is my "other" wife. :lol:
she has to sleep next to me. I get up. She gets up. It's like a small hairy shadow!! :mrgreen:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:37 am
Boo wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:59 am
I feel sorry for you guys down south! You just aren't used to it. Its what we expect here. My buddies in Alberta, north of the Peace River usually have a few weeks of -40 every year! Now that's cold! :wtf: I just finished running my snow blower mounted on my tractor in my shorts! :eusa-liar: It's only 14 F today!
Don...
We get snow down here about every 7-10 years. Other than that, it drops down in the low 30's to upper 20's for a few days and no one thinks anything about it. That's our winter. :lol:
Our problem is usually spring time and early summer due to Thunderstorms and Tornados. What a pain in the ... :wtf:
Fortunately I have hunted enough "northern" places to understand "it do get mighty frosty out there"!! :lol: :lol:

I drove over to the grocery store the other day. (Even the Tundra said it was COLD). Shelves were almost bare. No produce whatsoever. With some folks packing their shopping carts like it was "the end of civilization as we know it"!! :lol: :lol:
I bought COFFEE, Corn meal, flour and ICE CREAM. (A man MUST have priorities)!! :wink:
OH!! And toilet paper!! Don't forget the toilet paper!!! :eusa-naughty:

My shop has a propane heater. And it's own generator. I have about 6 cords of Oak firewood. The house is heated and has running water. I had a "stand-by Generac generator installed for it several years ago.
When we moved in here in 2007, I did a "few improvements". My wife said, "we'll never need all that stuff". Guess who's the HERO every time the power goes off now!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of my son-in-laws works at the local power generating plant. He hasn't been home in 3 days now. Can't leave work. Why? Because of all the ice and snow!! The plant he works at is the main "start up hub" for all the power going to the DFW area even though they are about 150 miles away from Dallas.
He is what is called a "Control Room Operator". He's one of the guys that turns the knobs to make sure your microwave works!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Since they can't leave the plant, Luminant is paying them for every hour of the day until they do get to go home. He's getting 14 hours overtime every day.

Hopefully things will start to return to normal for us in a few more days. We had more snow last night. Supposed to get more today. Then it's supposed to be a "heat wave" come Friday. It's supposed to be near 40!! :eusa-dance: :lol: :lol: :eusa-pray:

Y'all stay SAFE and WARM up there!!
AJ
AJ, I was near Fort Worth visiting with Paul a few years ago and on the day we went home there was snow/frozen pellets. Lucky for me I was in a 4X4 Tachoma with snow tires! I've lived all my life in a place where you learn to drive in snow storms of you stay at home! The funny part was, Texans were passing me! :eusa-doh: I'm pretty sure they didn't have snow tires on their cars or trucks :shock: But never have I seen carnage like that! Cars, truck and transports parked in all angles and all parts of the road, shoulder and just plain off roading :crazy: It was like the apocalypse with Zombies driving cars. Some were still clutching their steering wheels! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

AJ, I was near Fort Worth visiting with Paul a few years ago and on the day we went home there was snow/frozen pellets. Lucky for me I was in a 4X4 Tacoma with snow tires! I've lived all my life in a place where you learn to drive in snow storms of you stay at home! The funny part was, Texans were passing me! :eusa-doh: I'm pretty sure they didn't have snow tires on their cars or trucks :shock: But never have I seen carnage like that! Cars, truck and transports parked in all angles and all parts of the road, shoulder and just plain off roading :crazy: It was like the apocalypse with Zombies driving cars. Some were still clutching their steering wheels! :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

Boo,
Down here if it rains or snows or sleets or anything happens to make the roadways slick or dangerous to drive on, then by all means drive FASTER!!
I'm sure y'all heard about the 100 plus vehicle pileup on I-35 in Fort Worth last week?? :wtf: :shock: :eusa-doh:

Trust me...people in ANY Metroplex area of Texas should NOT be allowed to operate a motor vehicle unless it's a bright sunny day outside with no inclement weather in the forecast for at least 6 months!! Seems like the bigger the city, they crazier folks drive in bad weather!! :eusa-doh:
And even then, most still can't drive!! :wtf: :lol: :shock: :eusa-snooty:

Y'all be SAFE out there!! :thumbup:
AJ
Boo

Post by Boo »

Agreed AJ! The closer to Toronto I get, the more Darwin was wrong. I live nearly an hour east of the largest city in Canada. The arrogance, ignorance, indifference, lack of survival mindset diminishes with each mile towards Toronto! One of my best friends was Photo for Metro Toronto Police. He had to take pictures when there was a PI. I also got a tour of the vehicle evidence compound. Truly amazing what situations people put themselves into! :wtf:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:56 am
Agreed AJ! The closer to Toronto I get, the more Darwin was wrong. I live nearly an hour east of the largest city in Canada. The arrogance, ignorance, indifference, lack of survival mindset diminishes with each mile towards Toronto! One of my best friends was Photo for Metro Toronto Police. He had to take pictures when there was a PI. I also got a tour of the vehicle evidence compound. Truly amazing what situations people put themselves into! :wtf:
Yes Sir!!!!
Some of them make you think..."Who ties your shoes??" :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:40 am
Boo wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:56 am
Yes Sir!!!!
Some of them make you think..."Who ties your shoes??" :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

Animals are not doing well

Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

XB I GO wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:13 am

Holy mackerel! You guys got some venison to process!
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

XB I GO wrote:

XB is that here in Texas?
Dang!! :wtf:
janesy

Post by janesy »

XB I GO wrote:

What's the story on that?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

They look like Axis Deer. They are subtropical deer and likely don't do well in the cold
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

Axis deer near San Antonio after 4 nights below freezing
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:41 pm
They look like Axis Deer. They are subtropical deer and likely don't do well in the cold
Yes Sir that they are!!
That's the problem with "Game Ranching". Most of the species are NOT built for blizzards, or extreme prolonged exposure to below freezing temps.
What a waste... :(

I hear tell Del Rio got 11 inches of snow. That's crazy!! We even had snow on Galveston Island. :crazy: :crazy:
Global Warming!! :lol: :lol: