New String Lubricant

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

New String Lubricant

Post by Boo »

Something I'd like to share with you guys. A couple of years ago I started to use Trident Silicone Paste on the strings I make and reserve for people. I went through a lot of it and it was getting expensive. I tried a few alternatives and discovered that 100% silicone in oil form worked as well as Trident Grease. I buy it from Amazon as 100% silicone for acrylic pouring as well as for lubricating treadmill mats. It is odorless and the only problem is that it is super slick and tenacious so you had better wash your hands after handling it. Before someone goes off about making the serving dissolve or soften, it does not. Most of the serving material is an inorganic compound that is a direct derivative of polyethylene and it just not easily dissolved by much on this planet. It is the same stuff as used in washer fluid jugs and carries acids, acetone and other very aggressive solvents. If a serving is very marginally tight, silicone may let it slide sooner but a serving that is on properly will not slide off. I've been doing some work for another crossbow company and using it on a compound bow with maybe the highest string angle in the industry for half a year now with zero problems. Just put a drop or 2, spread it and let it soak in.

Amazon.ca https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=100%25+silicone+acrylic+pouring&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=100%25+silicone+treadmill+belt+lubricant&crid=2Q71U5BD6QO56&sprefix=100%25+silicone+treadmi%2Caps%2C217&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_21

Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/s?k=100%25+silicone+oil+for+acrylic+pouring&crid=1I0RSDVUDPRTG&sprefix=100%25+silicone+acrylic%2Caps%2C236&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_21
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=100%25+silicone+oil+treadmill+belt+lubricant&crid=176VUN6ADM9ML&sprefix=100%25+silicone+oil+tra%2Caps%2C236&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_2_21
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Re: New String Lubricant

Post by AJ01 »

Hey Boo!!

I've been using String Snot and Rail Snot for some time now. What is you opinion on these two products? :eusa-think:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

It works and is very popular but it is much more expensive and it is much easier to control what goes out onto the string with oil. If you know anyone with a treadmill, get an ounce or 2 of the oil from them and try it.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

As per Boo's suggestion I'm using the identical 100% Silicone Arcryic Pouring product on my strings lightly with a positive outcome. Even my Kevlar serving now at 850 shots appears as new.

After using it the first time I noted to myself to wear a disposable Nitrile glove. In fact I've used the same glove the last 4 times. :eusa-shhh:

Good stuff!!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Reckon I'll give it a try!!
Thanks!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Interesting. I have silicone treadmill lube for my clothes drying rack. Or I mean treadmill.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
curious

Post by curious »

I have this for my treadmill too. I will give it a try thanks for the heads up Don. :thumbup:
Micro Axe 340 Kryptek Raid
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10x40, HHA Tetra XB
Dr Stirrup Bumpers
BEE'S 400 grains with ignitor lighted nocks
Boo force 10 strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:59 am
Interesting. I have silicone treadmill lube for my clothes drying rack. Or I mean treadmill.
Is that what you walk the dog on during snowy days??? :lol: :lol:
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Lots of people have used these treadmills for exercise.

You must burn some calories unboxing and assembling it and moving it around inside the house occasionally. Burn a few more calories walking around it. A few more when you hop up and down cursing after stubbing your toe on it. :x
A few more when you move it to the curb during spring cleanup week.
Sounds like a great exercise regimen to me. :D
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Hatchet wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:20 am
Lots of people have used these treadmills for exercise.

You must burn some calories unboxing and assembling it and moving it around inside the house occasionally. Burn a few more calories walking around it. A few more when you hop up and down cursing after stubbing your toe on it. :x
A few more when you move it to the curb during spring cleanup week.
Sounds like a great exercise regimen to me. :D
:lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :eusa-clap: :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

Ha! You guys crack me up. I just bought a Smith Machine, so we can dry our tall clothes too.

Lol, That's a lie, I bought it in August, I just didn't want to carry it up the stairs. They are heavy, and I haven't been working out.

But now Bear season is here in two month, and I don't want to tell John, Jeff and Norm that ive gotten a little "Rotund" over the winter. So I picked up the Smith and I'm going to actually assemble it. Then, if I can still breath, I'm gonna use it.
I realized that when you have to breath out before you can reach your socks, it's time to assemble your workout equipment
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

janesy wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:50 am
Ha! You guys crack me up. I just bought a Smith Machine, so we can dry our tall clothes too.

Lol, That's a lie, I bought it in August, I just didn't want to carry it up the stairs. They are heavy, and I haven't been working out.

But now Bear season is here in two month, and I don't want to tell John, Jeff and Norm that ive gotten a little "Rotund" over the winter. So I picked up the Smith and I'm going to actually assemble it. Then, if I can still breath, I'm gonna use it.
I realized that when you have to breath out before you can reach your socks, it's time to assemble your workout equipment
Priceless!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Carnivorous wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:27 am
janesy wrote:

Priceless!!
No problem Chris, we are all in the same boat including myself after a couple injuries and not being able to rehab well enough during covid, plus Gyms have been closed.
You did say it was a heavy ladder stand.....just how heavy is it??
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
janesy

Post by janesy »

Normous wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:53 pm
Carnivorous wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:27 am
janesy wrote:

Priceless!!
No problem Chris, we are all in the same boat including myself after a couple injuries and not being able to rehab well enough during covid, plus Gyms have been closed.
You did say it was a heavy ladder stand.....just how heavy is it??
Its three pieces, so we can all take the same breaks up the hill :lol:
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:

I'm right there with ya Little Brother!! :lol:
I do wish we could hunt Bear in Texas ,but the Zoo's do frown upon it!! :mrgreen: