Twin Strike

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

Twin Strike

Post by W.Miguire »

Has anyone tried the new bow yet ? Just wondering?
curious

Re: Twin Strike

Post by curious »

Dynamo 1 who is a member here has posted an ongoing review over on crossbow nation.
Micro Axe 340 Kryptek Raid
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10x40, HHA Tetra XB
Dr Stirrup Bumpers
BEE'S 400 grains with ignitor lighted nocks
Boo force 10 strings
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

W.Miguire wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:36 pm
I held one in an archery shop a couple weeks ago, but I didn't try it out. The archery was quite busy, & I was just window shopping crossbows while my compound bow was being set up with new cables/string.

If someone is interested a double-barrel crossbow, the Twinstrike looks very well made.

The archery shop was quite bias toward Mission crossbows even though they were well stocked with Ravins & Ten Points. I compared a Mission Sub-1 to the Excalibur Mag 340. I cocked & shot both side-by-side. The Mag 340 held its own even though it was about $800 cheaper. The Mission with its 80% let off was much easier to rope cock, and the ability to rope decock with two hands was slick, too. Triggers/accuracy seemed good with both. Even the owner admitted the Mag 340 was quieter then he expected.

Sorry, I don't mean to sidetrack, but it was the first time I ever shot a crossbow. I was impressed by them. If his shooting lanes hadn't been so busy, I may have tried the Twinstrike. Since I was just window shopping/kicking the tires, I didn't want to take up too much of their time. Their 9 shooting lanes were busy the entire 2 hours I was there, too. That impressed me more than anything. The archery shop was community focused not product focused, and it showed.
dynamo61

Post by dynamo61 »

W.Miguire wrote:
Yes, thanks Curious, I was doing an ongoing review on CBN but the center serving let go two times.
The second time, Dealer sent it back to Excalibur.
Otherwise, I really love the TwinStrike and do believe it serves a useful purpose in the field.
My right arm is messed up now but should be OK to get back at it when the TwinStrike returns.
I have tried to post pictures here but so far, no luck, maybe one has to have a certain number of posts before pics show up?
Excalibur TwinStrike
TenPoint Havoc XERO RS440
dynamo61

Post by dynamo61 »

dynamo61 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:31 am
W.Miguire wrote:
Yes, thanks Curious, I was doing an ongoing review on CBN but the center serving let go two times.
The second time, Dealer sent it back to Excalibur.
Otherwise, I really love the TwinStrike and do believe it serves a useful purpose in the field.
My right arm is messed up now but should be OK to get back at it when the TwinStrike returns.
I have tried to post pictures here but so far, no luck, maybe one has to have a certain number of posts before pics show up?
Yes, OK that's what it was, the img sizes are too large, I would have to crop, resize or host them offsite and link them.
Excalibur TwinStrike
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Go to the ( other topic ) forum first post is on how to post pics
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
dynamo61

Post by dynamo61 »

mr meat wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:33 am
Go to the ( other topic ) forum first post is on how to post pics
Thanks Mr. Meat, got it here:
https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68483
Excalibur TwinStrike
Penholloway Creek

Post by Penholloway Creek »

A good friend of my college buddy has a TwinStrike and he loves it. He plans on using it on his annual New Mexico elk hunt this fall.