Prayers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Prayers

Post by IronNoggin »

My Mom In Law was rushed to the University Hospital in Saskatoon yesterday.
Classic symptoms of a stroke.
But it wasn't.
They are scrambling to try and figure out what the heck is going on.
She is in her 90's...

My Bowhunting partner Tad is in the ICU in Kelowna.
Heart attack yesterday.
One of the toughest, and finest Men I know.
Looks like open heart surgery is pending.

Those that are thus inclined, please keep these two precious people in your thoughts & prayers.

Scared... :cry:
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
lituani

Re: Prayers

Post by lituani »

Heading into Palm Sunday, it's the season of hope and renewal. Praying for mom & Tad, and also for doctors that they're guided by His hand.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your friend. :angel:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Prayers sent Matt. Hope to hear some good news soon buddy.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Prayers sent buddy!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Thanks Folks. I always believed that positive thoughts help in such situations!

Updates:

Mom In Law is still undergoing more tests. They are at a loss to explain what has / is happening. I tend to think it was a small stroke even though they suggest not. Fingers crossed they can ID the issue and get to dealing with it! Wife poised to fly to Saskatoon. If things go south I will be taking the risk of accompanying her...

Tad went through a lengthy open heart surgery late yesterday. Quadruple bypass and a valve replacement. Surgery was successful, but he's a long ways yo go to get out of the woods yet. There are a few complicating issues, and so he remains in what they are calling a "delicate state".

Both are strong people. I love both of them immensely. And I am worried as hell over each of them. Any positive vibes sent their direction would be gratefully appreciated!

Nervous...
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

I hope things continue to improve for your mother-in-law & good friend Tad!

Times like these remind us life is precious. My prayers & thoughts go out to both of them!

It's wonderful you are reaching out on their behalf, too. You're a great son-in-law & good friend!

God bless!
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

I will add to my prayer list!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Prayers go out to them from our home. W.M.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Again, Many THANKS for your well wishes Folks! :thumbup:

Mom In Law is showing slow improvements.
It appears she likely had a small stroke a couple weeks before being hospitalized.
Now they are investigating a small mass in her stomach - biopsy performed & awaiting results...

Tad is doing better than expected. Off most of the drugs, and is responding well to both the surgery and the follow-up.

Long ways to go getting both of them out of the woods.
But that trail looks to have been commenced on...

Fingers crossed...
Nog
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Wow ...pulling for you nog.
Hopefully things 🙏 will improve.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Had another good chat with Tad's Son yesterday. You can certainly tell Tad is doing better simply by the sound of this young Man's voice!

From disheartened and rightfully seriously worried to quite optimistic in but a couple days! That expressed as positive to me as the information being shared did! Certainly like a weight being lifted off the shoulders!

Get well swiftly my Friend! Looking forward to wandering by your side again soon!

Mom In Law is showing some signs of improvement as well. She is more lucid, and her speech has come back very well. Working with physio while we await the biopsy results...

Cheers - Matt
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Still in our prayers Nog. Small bits of good news are always better than the alternative, stay the course.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

Thoughts and prayers to you and your loved ones nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Could have knocked me over with a feather when I answered the phone yesterday to Tad's Hello Mister!

That literally made my week! Fantastic to realize he has his wits back and is very lucid!
Also well understand his desire to be shed of his latest accommodations.

All in all a very wonderful development!

Keep on healing up my Friend! We have more than a few adventures awaiting us!

Cheers - Nog