WITH ONLY 1219 DAYS TO GO RETIREMENT IS CALLING ME....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Re: WITH ONLY 1283 DAYS TO GO. PREPARATIONS HAVE BEGUN....

Post by AJ01 »

amythntr wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:55 am
......the best part about owning this property is Cousin Vinny 8) and the Boys will be guarding the property 24/7.....they have been given instructions to shoot first and then ask all of the pertinent questions....Cousin Vinny 8) said he has already picked out some good places to bury the bodies....said something about them making good fertilizer for deer plots! :lol: :lol:
EXACTLY!!!!!! :thumbup: :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:27 pm
.....first of all I have enjoyed my respite away from the forum....I am loving the CB's I own and look forward to getting out and turkey hunt in a couple of weeks....

.....with a mere 1283 days till full retirement I have taken the 1st step to an enjoyable retirement of hunting and fishing.....

.....we are about to close on 137 acres of prime hunting and trout fishing property in Roscoe, NY....I have a trout stream cutting through the property and I will own part of and have access to a lake across the street.....the property also has an artesian well for fresh water, crab apple trees and native blueberries....deer and turkey sign are all over the property!

.....can't wait to hunt this coming season with the boys and the family.....

....as Luke Bryan best sang in his song, "hunting, fishing and loving every day!"
congrats on the property purchase Anthony :eusa-dance: :eusa-clap: . nothing like being able to enjoy your own land :thumbup:
ENJOY :!: :!:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:41 am
Anthony, I know this is something you've wanted for a while. I am super happy for you buddy! RETIRE EARLY! You can take it with you but you can't spend it!
.....the best is seeing how excited the boys are.....tomorrow we are going to search out the quad market.....I figure we need a couple and maybe one of those ride along's that you have!.....each day I tell them, "their inheritance is going quickly!"
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

amythntr wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:07 pm
Boo wrote:
Anthony, I know this is something you've wanted for a while. I am super happy for you buddy! RETIRE EARLY! You can take it with you but you can't spend it!
.....the best is seeing how excited the boys are.....tomorrow we are going to search out the quad market.....I figure we need a couple and maybe one of those ride along's that you have!.....each day I tell them, "their inheritance is going quickly!"
The $$ is nice, but the memories are priceless! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Re: WITH ONLY 1274 DAYS TO GO. PREPARATIONS HAVE BEGUN....

Post by amythntr »

.....everything on our end is in place and we are set to close on "Dida's Hunting Club" property on Monday.....too bad I am WAY TOO BUSY for the next month to do anything up there.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

amythntr wrote:
Boo wrote:
Don’t neglect taking a “look” at the electric side by side off road buggies!
Lots of hunters are using them on their own lands and claim they don’t spook deer as much as gas powered ones. YouTube has dozens of vids on them...some of the more prominent ones are Polaris EV, Intimidator, Hunt-VE. brands.(and others)
They say they are the perfect “short range” vehicle but surely not for public, open trail riding due to the limited range. (Battery life)
Worth a look! Congrats on your “Dida’s hunting club”!
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Hillcountry wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:37 am
amythntr wrote:
Boo wrote:
Lots of hunters are using them on their own lands and claim they don’t spook deer as much as gas powered ones. YouTube has dozens of vids on them...some of the more prominent ones are Polaris EV, Intimidator, Hunt-VE. brands.(and others)
They say they are the perfect “short range” vehicle but surely not for public, open trail riding due to the limited range. (Battery life)
....yes we have....they still are a little pricey....I would say in a few years they surely will fit the bill price wise....it is amazing with a new property all of the equipment that is needed to work the land and get it set up properly....boy can my boys spend their inheritance! :eusa-think: :eusa-doh:....but when it comes to my 4 year old Vnuchka; anything she wants is fine by me! :D :eusa-dance:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

amythntr wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:59 am
Hillcountry wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:37 am
amythntr wrote:

....yes we have....they still are a little pricey....I would say in a few years they surely will fit the bill price wise....it is amazing with a new property all of the equipment that is needed to work the land and get it set up properly....boy can my boys spend their inheritance! :eusa-think: :eusa-doh:....but when it comes to my 4 year old Vnuchka; anything she wants is fine by me! :D :eusa-dance:
👍
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
amythntr

Re: WITH ONLY 1267 DAYS TO GO. PREPARATIONS HAVE BEGUN....

Post by amythntr »

....well, we closed on Monday....now the fun and WORK begins.....if the Good Lord Wills....we will be ready to hunt for the fall season with food plots and tree stands in place....the game plan is to demo the old cabin (inhabitable) and build a new log cabin across from the lake....we shall see what the Lord has in store and what HIS plans are.....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Anthony that's great news man.
Good luck and God Bless ya
Hatchet
Last edited by Hatchet on Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grouse

Post by grouse »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:36 am
....well, we closed on Monday....now the fun and WORK begins.....if the Good Lord Wills....we will be ready to hunt for the fall season with food plots and tree stands in place....the game plan is to demo the old cabin (inhabitable) and build a new log cabin across from the lake....we shall see what the Lord has in store and what HIS plans are.....
Log cabins have the perfect look for rural property but there is a downside. They require frequent maintenance. Windows and door frames get out of square, logs need treatment and you're never finished caulking. We built a cottage with rough oak on my first farm and it provided me with endless chores. The small house we built on our current farm has an all steel exterior (siding and roof). It looks great and I have more time to hunt and fish!

logs make a fine cabin, and you may be happy in one, but you might want to explore alternatives before you make a final decision.

I'm just trying to complicate things for you.
axiom
350 SE
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

grouse wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:50 am
amythntr wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:36 am
Log cabins have the perfect look for rural property but there is a downside. They require frequent maintenance. Windows and door frames get out of square, logs need treatment and you're never finished caulking. We built a cottage with rough oak on my first farm and it provided me with endless chores. The small house we built on our current farm has an all steel exterior (siding and roof). It looks great and I have more time to hunt and fish!

logs make a fine cabin, and you may be happy in one, but you might want to explore alternatives before you make a final decision.

I'm just trying to complicate things for you.
A lot cabin KIT is the way to go should you like a log cabin. I live in a log home that is a fully manufactured kit that you basically put together on your foundation. No problems with these but you’re correct about building from raw materials (trees)
There are some nice cabins out there by shed companies as well.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

A buddy of mine and his family have a pole barn style place where the living quarters are about 60 % of the building, the rest is garage style with heat, room for hanging and butchering their game, and a few recovery vehicles. The world is your oyster Anthony, good luck. Cannot wait to see postings from the RANCH! :thumbup: :thumbup:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:40 am
A buddy of mine and his family have a pole barn style place where the living quarters are about 60 % of the building, the rest is garage style with heat, room for hanging and butchering their game, and a few recovery vehicles. The world is your oyster Anthony, good luck. Cannot wait to see postings from the RANCH! :thumbup: :thumbup:
....an interesting concept if we were building up on the mountain Dan.....want something a little nicer for down by the lake.....obviously things will change along the way as costs mount.....who knows....we might wind up with a 5x5 shed? :eusa-doh:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:41 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:40 am
....an interesting concept if we were building up on the mountain Dan.....want something a little nicer for down by the lake.....obviously things will change along the way as costs mount.....who knows....we might wind up with a 5x5 shed? :eusa-doh:
Anthony, we only get to do this once, best of luck, and keep it fun.