WITH ONLY 1219 DAYS TO GO RETIREMENT IS CALLING ME....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: WITH ONLY 1283 DAYS TO GO. PREPARATIONS HAVE BEGUN....

Post by amythntr »

BrotherRon wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:02 pm
Whats the address for that property??
:lol:
Get off at the exit, make a left at the light, go two lights make a nudda left, go through quaint old town, go to end of road, make a right, drive about two miles, make a right on to Trout Brook Road, drive about a mile and property is on left.... look for signs yet to be put up saying “Dida’s Hunting Club!”
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

which exit?? :eusa-whistle:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
TPM

Post by TPM »

BrotherRon wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:02 pm
Whats the address for that property??
:lol:

https://youtu.be/2f7NdsktieA
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

BrotherRon wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:31 pm
....the one where I bought the property, silly!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:27 pm
.....first of all I have enjoyed my respite away from the forum....I am loving the CB's I own and look forward to getting out and turkey hunt in a couple of weeks....

.....with a mere 1283 days till full retirement I have taken the 1st step to an enjoyable retirement of hunting and fishing.....

.....we are about to close on 137 acres of prime hunting and trout fishing property in Roscoe, NY....I have a trout stream cutting through the property and I will own part of and have access to a lake across the street.....the property also has an artesian well for fresh water, crab apple trees and native blueberries....deer and turkey sign are all over the property!

.....can't wait to hunt this coming season with the boys and the family.....

....as Luke Bryan best sang in his song, "hunting, fishing and loving every day!"

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Anthony, you have made the right decision to purchase the property for your hunting and your family to hunt, I hope to join you in that “club” some day as well. I hope that all of you enjoy the land for many many years and introduce the young members of your family along the way. An old hunting buddy said “take care of your land and it will take care of you”. Look into simple ways of holding deer and turkeys on your land, and make sure you have a small sanctuary off limits to everyone. We have found that is the best thing to do. It does not take much property to do that either, find the nastiest edges that provides great cover and you will enjoy great success. Good luck buddy, and enjoy every minute you get to spend with your family and friends. Looking forward to seeing some great pictures!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
grouse

Post by grouse »

Congratulations, that sounds like a great piece of land. You're going to have some great times there and look back on this as one of your best decisions. We bought our first farm in 1985 and it has been such a plus for our family. We traded up in 2010 because the quarry next to us said it intended to blast right next to us and offered to buy our farm.

You are going to find yourself daydreaming about your property and wanting to go there every chance you get. Also, your hunting success is going to go up on property that you will know the very best places to be and won't have any competition. I have never hunted a season on property I own without killing at least one deer with either rifle or crossbow.

You're going to wish you had done this a long time ago. Good luck!
axiom
350 SE
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Anthony good for you. Although you say that it's only 1283 days to before full retirement, that's roughly 3.5 years away. A lot of things can happen between now and then. One should never count their chickens before they hatch. So, it's a good thing that you decided not to wait until then to get your property. As the saying goes, "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think." So congrats and I hope you enjoy yourself while you wait to retire, since no one knows what the future hold.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

BrotherRon wrote:
I could give you directions, but I think Antony would frown on that. All I can tell you is that you'd be driving on a riverside drive, then a lake road, then take a short cut on a couple more roads and finally drive on a trout brook road. :crazy:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Congrats Big little brother, hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy our little property.
We will be spending probably 50% of our time at the cabin this summer.
It's our way of self isolation.
I have two new strings to check out from Keith brining my reduced total to 7.
Since I now re-serve strings myself they should last me a while.
I have angel majesty on hand and am thinking of picking up some of the Kevlar serving material and giving that a try. :eusa-think:
Stay safe and enjoy Anthony :wink:
God Bless.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

ComfyBear wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:45 am
BrotherRon wrote:
I could give you directions, but I think Antony would frown on that. All I can tell you is that you'd be driving on a riverside drive, then a lake road, then take a short cut on a couple more roads and finally drive on a trout brook road. :crazy:
Yep, like Anthony says, it's close to Heaven! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

...you can do it!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:39 am
Anthony, you have made the right decision to purchase the property for your hunting and your family to hunt, I hope to join you in that “club” some day as well. I hope that all of you enjoy the land for many many years and introduce the young members of your family along the way. An old hunting buddy said “take care of your land and it will take care of you”. Look into simple ways of holding deer and turkeys on your land, and make sure you have a small sanctuary off limits to everyone. We have found that is the best thing to do. It does not take much property to do that either, find the nastiest edges that provides great cover and you will enjoy great success. Good luck buddy, and enjoy every minute you get to spend with your family and friends. Looking forward to seeing some great pictures!
.....I have double and triple checked....they are not making anymore land.. :lol: .....this has always been my dream....to leave my boys, who are avid hunters and fisherman, land and a cabin for them and their children when I am gone and to enjoy as a family while I'm here....part one of the dream is about to happen....part two (the Good Lord Willing) should happen in a year....in the meantime we have a lot of work to prepare the land for hunting season....going to look at quads tomorrow.....thanks for the idea about a deer sanctuary.....makes good sense!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

grouse wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:52 am
Congratulations, that sounds like a great piece of land. You're going to have some great times there and look back on this as one of your best decisions. We bought our first farm in 1985 and it has been such a plus for our family. We traded up in 2010 because the quarry next to us said it intended to blast right next to us and offered to buy our farm.

You are going to find yourself daydreaming about your property and wanting to go there every chance you get. Also, your hunting success is going to go up on property that you will know the very best places to be and won't have any competition. I have never hunted a season on property I own without killing at least one deer with either rifle or crossbow.

You're going to wish you had done this a long time ago. Good luck!
.....I am already daydreaming about being up there....we basically bought this property sight unseen since there was 2.5 feet of snow on the ground the first time we were up the week before XMAS....when we finally got to walk it last week, well, it was like falling in love all over again!!! ....and yes, I should have done it sooner....but it's as soon as it will ever be for sure!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

......the best part about owning this property is Cousin Vinny 8) and the Boys will be guarding the property 24/7.....they have been given instructions to shoot first and then ask all of the pertinent questions....Cousin Vinny 8) said he has already picked out some good places to bury the bodies....said something about them making good fertilizer for deer plots! :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings